• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Sorry, I don't know why...

roscoe

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
I don't know why I'm compelled to post here every time I see a big Healey in print or on TV. Latest sighting, a black w/ red interior 100 in the New Yorker magazine. A clothing ad for Dillard's. I don't think it is possible to tell if it is a BN1 or a BN2 from the photo. You can tell they shot in on the cheap as the airplanes in the background are not what you would call classics. At least it is the special "Style" issue of the publication.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Don't feel like you're alone in the madness. I made a thread too about the Healeys I've been seeing. :thumbsup:

ModifiedBJ7

Country flag
I like hearing about Healey sightings whether in print or on the road.

My girlfriend and I drove 2,200 miles to pick up the hardtop for the Healey and didn't see one classic British car. Not even an MG. Not long ago you could always count on seeing a Spit or MG. Granted it was the first weekend in March, but the weather was fantastic.

HEALEYJAG

Jedi Warrior
Charlie:

Did you pick up the hardtop in Columbus area? The one on EBAY....I am right down the road and had my 100 Lemans out all weekend..top down..

Pete

ModifiedBJ7

Country flag
Hey Pete,

Yep, it was in Columbus, or to be more exact in Blacklick. And it was also a top from eBay. Do you know David? If so, he has some rare and interesting cars. Wish I had the opportunity to see your car!

Charlie

Rosco, dont feel bad, i posted about 2 months ago "anyone else seen the new pantene hair shampoo comm." no one replied for a month, thought i was going round the bend, then a couple of other fellow forum members did finally catch it, model sitting in a yellow early perhaps 100-6 for a micro second, shook me up! did you see that one yet? :savewave:

OP
roscoe

roscoe

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Yeah, Anthony, I was the one who posted about the hair commercial Healey.

HEALEYJAG

Jedi Warrior
Charlie:

Yep//that's the one.. I live in Blaclick too!.. I do not know the guy but the cars he sells are a bit misrepresented..if ya know what I mean... Hopefully the top was as you expected..

Pete

ModifiedBJ7

Country flag
The hardtop is from Cape International and it was represented perfectly. I had reservations regarding the sellers rating though. 2 requests for him to rate me as a buyer have been ignored. No huge deal either way.

Blacklick is a beautiful area, especially the Main Street area with all the restaurants. Laurie & I would like to make it back during Spring or Fall.

BLU_HLY

Country flag
The photo shoot by Dillard's was taken at the Santa Ynez Valley airport near Solvang, CA. The Healey is a'54 BN1 and the plane is an F-19 Taylorcraft , both owned by Bernie Coyner.
CGH
Carpinteria, CA

OP
roscoe

roscoe

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
The '54 BN1 sounds right, but the Taylorcraft is not in sight. The airplane just behind the Healey is some sort of Grumman, and the other one I can't identify, but it doesn't have a tailwheel. I suppose Taylorcraft might have made something with a nose wheel when it was resurected in the 1970's, but it would kind of be like putting a Rolls Royce grill on your Healey.

HEALEYJAG

Jedi Warrior
Glad to hear it Charlie...my office is across from the restaurants..we like it...only a couple Healeys in the area though......

I have had 50-50 luck with ebay items..
Pete