• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

So what is your LBC getting for Christmas

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
This list has been so quiet this week everyone must be thinking about Santa and not about their Spridgets or other LBC's. So what is Santa bringing to your Spridget this year?

Bugsy II my '59 has a heater/flap door coming in the mail today and thanks to Ray Evans I was able to acquire front and rear hold down bars for my convertible top. Now to find a tonneau bar.

Bugsy III my '59 parts car is scheduled to be picked up as a late Christmas present on January 4 and Bugsy II gets a better bonnet, a seat base, Washer pump, maybe a better dash without any extra holes, and a spare steel wheel to replace a bent one. Bugsy III has a good tub and title, needs rear spring boxes and will have a restorable bonnet, dash, engine, and a rebuilt tranny from Bugsy II as part of a package up for sale.

so what's Santa bringing to you?

Country flag
NOTHING! I've been bad. ;)

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
Jim, bits and pieces, but nothing of note. I don't think the tonneau requires a bar on the Bugeye, but I could be mistaken. Merry Christmas everyone!
Rut

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
Two of Peter's front shocks to match the two that were recently installed on the rear.

OP
Jim_Gruber

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
That combined with a major suspension kit will make handling a whole lot sweeter. Peter will take care a reaming kingpin bushings as well. Bugsy I was very happy after getting new shocks all around.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Penny is getting a correct wiper motor for eventual use. Otherwise she's waiting a few weeks for her vacation down at the body shop. That's going to be a *very* expensive present!

ready4.jpg

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
That combined with a major suspension kit will make handling a whole lot sweeter. Peter will take care a reaming kingpin bushings as well. Bugsy I was very happy after getting new shocks all around.

Just the difference in the rear shocks alone was night and day. VERY happy with that particular purchase.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Just routine stabilizer. Actually, an early Christmas present. :wink-new:

nomad

Yoda
Another new tach drive. last one lasted 13 days.

Yeah the new ones aren't much but if you lube them up good and make sure your cable is nice and free and lubed as well I would think they should last longer than that. I'm running one rebuilt from 2 bad original's.

Hopefully my BE will get a better engine from my driver LoTO midget while it gets the rebuilt Datsun engine and trans that is currently in my way.

Kurt

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Ms Triss finally got a tool kit for the trunk - HF and cheap, but enough for the side of the road, and it took a very long to even find a mechanics tool kit I might add. Oh, and a 24" breaker bar.

macsprite

New originl color Iris Blue paint as an early present and most other parts refreshed or new...hope to finish the build in January and then for sale here in early Spring as RHD or LHD. Then onto my Sebring project ......
Cheers
Lew

Jer

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I asked for a borg & beck clutch kit & load leveller from the family & I just sent in registration for University Motors gear box tech session in March yesterday... I think that's a decent Christmas gift for Bridget this year !

Merry Christmas Everyone !

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Nice looking car, Lew.

Quite the flurry of RHD cars these days (mine, yours, Rut's conversion). Makes me smile. :grin:

OP
Jim_Gruber

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Well Bugsy II I learned at least according to the VIN and BMH started life as RHD. Since I cannot locate any coraborating VIN evidence and one of the body stamping numbers is only 119 numbers higher than the VIN I believe the paperwork is correct.

macsprite

If the VIN starts AN5 xxxxx and not AN5L xxxxx then it was an original RHD.

Mine is a lefty being changed over to RHD.I have the rack and steering in place now, working on cutting the holes in the fiberglass dash got from the UK. purchased the new steel (not copper) brake and clutch pipes from Colin Dodds in Australia.This bugeye is an ex race car body shell I bought from California. Have replaced floors, rear deck and wheel arch repairs, its pretty solid. Not as nice as Drew's original RHD but will be a nice "stock" driver for someone.The rest is a transplant from another Mk2 I parted out earlier this year with lots of new to complete the car.

macsprite

Thanks Drew. Unfortunately the body shell had been de-seamed and had multiple race mods and mountings for the roll bar. Used panels off another bugeye to replace wheel arch sections, rear deck and it got new floors and one lower A pillar as well. The rest of the body was pretty good. It will be a nice driver for someone.

Its RHD because I was toying with the idea of shipping it back to Australia where they are quite rare and fetch good money. If I decide to sell here, it would be offered as a LHD with steel dash if the buyer wants that or RHD with f'glass dash if preferred.

Then onto the Sebring Replica project, which will be built as a RHD for sure.

Cheers
Lew

OP
Jim_Gruber

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Should it not start as HAN5 and midgets start as GAN?