• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

So there I was going down the 210 at 115mph

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag
I think my new used speedometer needs some serious calibration. It's been a fun day. pulled the old speedometer, replaced the upper cable figured since I could reach it I should pull the temp gauge and clean it. Found out that my hand is 0.0002 of an inch to large to pull out without loosing skin. Reinstalled the gauge lost more skin installed the speedometer tried to reset the trip meter and nothing pull the speedometer reinstall the trip meter cable and go through the installation process again loosing more skin. Go out for a test spin and doh its way off but works really nice otherwise.

I'm so looking forward to doing this again. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wall.gif

Oh well at leas the evening was nice and the drive was a nice and refreshing way to end the day and someone else was out bombing the neighborhood in there very nice white mga.

Tomorrow electrical clean up day woohoo

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
what? not gonna go view the Westfield 11 with the rest of us tomorrow morning? /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Steve_S

Yoda
Your speedo is as accurate as my TC was while driving through Nevada last week.

tc95mph.jpg

Now there's something you don't see every day! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hammer.gif

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
heh if it were the ~other~ C i'd recommend backing off the throttle a bit /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Steve_S

Yoda
Actually I was going that fast for real in the "other C" about 30 minutes ago... while still on the freeway on-ramp! It's kind of funny to have to back off on the throttle to merge onto a wide open freeway.

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
Steve_S said:
Actually I was going that fast for real in the "other C" about 30 minutes ago... while still on the freeway on-ramp! It's kind of funny to have to back off on the throttle to merge onto a wide open freeway.

that's something ~most~ MG's don't have to do...

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
I think?

This is what I know... <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:] The shop is on Reseda Blvd between the 101 and Ventura Blvd behind Mr. MB Motors and across from Gelsons. I will fly a Union Jack at the driveway to help you find it.[/QUOTE]

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
I just looked at a map. Looks like you got the right area.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I expect photos and a full report! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
erm... i failed to take photos of the Westfield in progress.

I DID got a couple of shots of a completed Westfield that showed up though /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbsup.gif

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
i'm just glad that wasn't the 'near death' shot /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

OP
Stewart

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag
That would of been a cool photo though as you dont see a B smoking from all 4 tires often. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

I wonder if steve made it to work on time?

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
I'm currently scrounging the office for a mini-USB cable.

I'll be able to post some pics once I get one.

I'll have to wait till I get home to post any of the videos from our drive...

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
I've decided not to post any of my video footage. The lousy mic in my "point-n-shoot" digi camera just converted all the sweet high rev'ing engine songs into pure distortion. I think the only bit of clean sound in any of the videos I took was when I was sitting idle for a minute or two, but even then you could hear the audio clip when I rev'ed the engine a couple of times.

Sony Cybershot DSC-S500: two thumbs down for videos /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/nonod.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/nonono.gif

I'm so displeased with that paper weight, that I just purchased a new point-n-shoot camera that has much better optical zoom (10x versus 3x optical zoom), and video shooting (16:9 480P versus 320x240) capabilities... and it still cost less than the craptastic Sony I bought last year. Ain't technology wonderful?

ronzet

Jedi Knight
Stewart,

Wow... What a great shot... /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbsup.gif

Steve_S

Yoda
I've never liked Sony cameras. Stick to Canon for point and shoot, and Canon or Nikon for digital SLR. There are other good brands but those are my favorites.