• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Small world or what are the odds?

AUSMHLY

Obi Wan
Country flag
The other day I stopped at my British mechanics to say hello.
At his shop is a Burgundy 65 BJ8. I drive a 64 BJ8.
Was told the owner lives in my town.

Small world or what are the odds?
Notice why I took the photo?

View attachment 35200

PS. how do we load a photo that does not need to be clicked to enlarge?

Last edited:
Country flag
While our plates have little in common, aside from being issued from the same state, a couple blocks over, IN THE SAME SUBDIVISION, is a guy with a BN6 (high 3800's, IIRC). Given the relative rarity of the model, and the fact that his is a nicely done running/driving example, within walking distance (even for me); indeed, what are the odds?

He also has an Audi TT, a couple of Mercedes (SUV & SL560), a concours E-type, a "Fiat" (aka F355 Spyder...) and his wife's daily driver is a Boxster S. Fabulous 2500SF detached shop/garage, and it's all essentially for sale! Seriously, anybody want to be one of my neighbors__I have to tell you though, this SD is just eat up with Corvettes__https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...29th-Ln-E_Parrish_FL_34219_M50035-20613?row=2 Not sure why the Healey & Ferrari aren't in the listing's pics, maybe they and SUV were in the attached garage...?

Oh, and WHY they're moving? Nothing for the wife to do while the Good Doctor is away on business trips! They've already bought a house (with a 2-car garage, and ZERO possibility for a detached bldg.) in a nearby gated golf/clubhouse community :rollseyes:

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Similar to Randy's story several years ago my then-wife and I moved into a rental after selling our home. As it turned out, two doors down from me was a guy with a BJ8.

BTW when it comes to boutique license plates I think I once had the market cornered: My ex had a 3000 MKI that bore the license plate "HERBN7" while my 100's plate said "HISBN1". Sadly what was "hers" is still hers--and I do miss that car--but at least I still have the 100.

Healey_Z

Jedi Warrior
Here you go.
abf4268b1a8b12fd90cd4a0f9abb5cd3.jpg

Country flag
Similar to Randy's story several years ago my then-wife and I moved into a rental after selling our home. As it turned out, two doors down from me was a guy with a BJ8.

BTW when it comes to boutique license plates I think I once had the market cornered: My ex had a 3000 MKI that bore the license plate "HERBN7" while my 100's plate said "HISBN1". Sadly what was "hers" is still hers--and I do miss that car--but at least I still have the 100.
Doesn't seem like very long ago, that you were using that signature pic; I was afraid to ask why you changed it, and now I'm glad I never did! Things happen, and we move on; I'm no longer married to the woman that I was fifteen (>15) years ago, but my life is undeniably more stable now than it ever has been. Wishing the best for you :cheers:

Country flag
I live in the small tourist town of So Lake Tahoe,CA. After many years of living there, I found that a BJ8 same color as mine lived almost exactly behind me on the next street. He is a part time residence living the rest of the year in San Jose (CA). There are two other part time Healey owner at the lake which means many around the lake (for dinner) parades. I sold may XK140 20 years ago before we moved to snow country because I figured no one would have LBCs in Tahoe. Turns out there are MGs, Tigers, Triumphs and even a Morgan (and assorted German cars from the 50's and 60's) up here. With the beautiful views, mountain and canyon windy roads this is LBC heave 8 months of the year.
TH

oxford

Jedi Hopeful
Well, here's a coincidence. Not Healey related but... My name, Matthew Randell and apart from a BN4 and an MGA I own a 1927 Morris Oxford. Some years ago I met a Mark Randell, no relation, who lived and still does about 2 miles from me and owns a 1927 Morris Cowley! What are the odds??
Matthew

BJ8Healeys

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
The world-famous Allen Hendrix of Hendrix Wire Wheel used to own a BJ8 with the license plate AWSMHLY. You have a private message.

BJ8Healeys

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I got this picture last year at the annual show at the Shelton Vineyards in Dobson, NC.
About 20 years ago, the Saxon's plate was on a real BJ8 and we were parked side by side at a car show. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture.

Attachments

• You say TARHEALY - I say TARHEELY (2014).jpg
    You say TARHEALY - I say TARHEELY (2014).jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 106

Patrick67BJ8

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
Country flag
The car was sold recently to a guy from Florida and the car came from a member of our local club in North Texas. Surprised to see it back on the market.
Yep, moving into a place with only a two-car garage. He told me he bought it out of Texas, and knowing what a terrific following you guys have there (that compliment, coming from a former Louisianian, should carry a lot of weight... ;) ) I figured it was a popular car__given the work/modifications done to it, clearly somebody loved it.

How can he give up a place with a garage like this...?

l2cd6e144-w1o.jpg

A listing that shows more pictures of the garage they're moving out of: https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...29th-Ln-E_Parrish_FL_34219_M50035-20613?row=2