• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Significant Pages

Anyone else notice that the MG Forum is currently on page number 251 - a rather significant number at the Abingdon assembly plant?!

/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbsup.gif

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Bruce74B said:
OK...I'll bite...why? besides, mine says 419 pages ???

Me too! But mine says 210?
confused0031.gif

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Mine does say 251 and ya gotta know the significance. Nice one.

19_again

Jedi Warrior
And when it comes back around to 101, it may be even more (or less depending on your purity quotient) important!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grouphug.gif

Steve_S

Yoda
It depends on how many topics per page you have set in your preferences. I have 30 per page and see 210 pages total.

OP
rick_ingram
251 was the telephone number to the Abingdon Assembly Plant.

251 was also the beginning car number of each production run at Abingdon.

19_again

Jedi Warrior
and 101 will be the production prefix for the first TF's out of Longbridge as their phone number also ends in 101.
Courtesy of MGPOWER "The first MG TF built will carry a 0101 VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) suffix, following an MG tradition that has used the last three numbers of the company’s telephone number - Longbridge is 0121 475 2101. Abingdon MGs from 1930 were started at 0251 (Abingdon 251), with MG Magnette ZAs and TF Midgets using a 0501 VIN following the company’s BMC Headquarters in Birmingham having the 1501 telephone number."

Actually it's not Longbridge anymore, it's Nanking. Does anyone know if they continued the tradition. Sort of moot I suppose, but in the interest of accuracy it matters.