• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

sightings

friday of last week, 1959-60 green mga-right hand drive, driven by a mature very attractive women with brunette pony tail streaming behind her head, 1958-59 austin healey nose jacked up having the front end rebuild in a local used car lot, ive never before seen either of these round here, stranger yet my "frogarri" sprite buddy told me he saw a white 1960 mga being driven by an attractive red head- im certain its some kinda fem alien mga invasion/conspiracy, if i see another mga being driven by another attractive fem. today im gunna hide under the covers for a week till they go away!it is a nice change though from all the blonds that drive round here in thier convertable porsches. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif two very old morris woody wagons one restored to original the other under construction at "joe curtos" the s.u. carb guys shop in queens n.y. were i dropped of my carbs for throttle shaft rebush along side another silver"frogarri" sprite. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif i also got to see the 1963 bj7 belonging to a fella i struck up a conversation with about his green lotus elise,turns out he lives around the corner from me his healeys been apart for 15 years and hes been inspired to restart the restoration its at the stage were the frame is on stands being patched up but in very good condition, he needs my car to see how things should go back together take pictures,measurements etc hes a britt. ladd loves beer, man this is gunna be a great winter! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

R6MGS

Yoda
Well don't come up here...you'll see my blonde wife driving her MGA....

wish i could see a blonde (brunette, or redhead for that matter) driving an MGA.

mark
(BRG with Envy)

OP
A
r6mgs, please dont get me wrong its not that id ever get tired of the blonds,oh no, no, no, its that there be way to many porshes in my hood! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nonono.gif OUCH! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nonono.gif

that hurt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

mark

R6MGS

Yoda
hmmm...you wanna guess what my wifes first two cars where.........Yup, Triumph's!.....She upgraded to the MGA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

OP
A
o.k car sightings are way cool right? but yesterday 8/23/06 about 10:30 a.m. middle of downtown stamford ct,while i was at a stop sign i hear this incredible unmistakable sound of no less the 4 - 1200 h.p. wright cyclone turbocharged piston engines i look up to my left and there she is bigger then life at about 1500 ft. a B17 - wow! wow! wow! now that beats any blond in any type car-ah well almost. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/savewave.gif just found out she was at farmingdale long islands republic a.p. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif

coldplugs

Darth Vader
Platinum
Country flag
I had a couple of unusual sightings today, both within a time span of about 5 minutes. I went down to the southern part of the state (Maine) this morning and was travelling west towards a town called Sanford. I followed a Rolls-Royce for several miles. It was relatively new – I don't know the model but from the rear it looked a lot like a 70's Volvo.

As I approached the airport there I noticed that there were state police cars or trucks at every intersection. At this airport that usually means “Air Force One”,and sure enough, it landed as I was driving by. I've seen it several times through the years but it still sends a chill through me when I see that United States of America emblazoned on the side in big letters.

[ Sanford is a small regional airport with no scheduled air service. It has a great coffee shop and a friendly small FBO. It has a couple of long runways with the longer about 6000' in length. It's the closest airport to the Bush compound at Walker's point in Kennebunkport that can handle large airplanes. In bad weather they use the larger airport in Portland. They don't use the big modified 747 for trips here, it's a smaller plane (757?) As a kid I used to bug my parents to take me to Walker's point because a small cove there had some old boilers from a shipwreck that fascinated me. The cove's still there but the boilers aren't. You can still park there as long as you don't mind the security cameras. ]

So – those were my 2 sightings for the day.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Just heard on TV that W was spending the weekend with his folks.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Was in Oman long ago, and had a visitor so went out to the Royal section of the Air Port to collect him. He landed in a Gulfstream with United States of America in big letters and a flag painted on the tail. Boy, almost brought tears to my eyes. Should have seen the folks looking.

I was wonderful to be an American.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
It was wonderful to be an American.

[/ QUOTE ]

As it should be!

- Doug

mattmacklind3

Jedi Hopeful
I saw a POrsche "speedster" the other day, red, perfect shape (have you ever seen one that wasn't, though, really?) They really aren't my thing but I had to notice. I spotted an AC Greyhound a few months ago, though, rough paint, driveable shape but obvioulsy never restored. Caught me way off guard, thought it was an old Ferrari. Still on the look out for it again, maybe I'll have my camera with me next time!

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Today I saw something I haden't seen in awhile -
- a Fiat 124 Sedan.

- Doug

Harry_Ward

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Had two of these babys drive by the house yeterday.

Attachments

• 247840-A10-warthog.jpg
    247840-A10-warthog.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 54

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
There's one of the old Volvo sedans - the early ones everybody likes to race - in a tiny single car detached garage near me...front cap is off & it looks like they're working on engine

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
I got a call from my buddy this week. He has a 68 E Type at his body shop, and he wanted me to bring over my Lucas Gremlin Voodoo kit to banish some of the little buggers.
so I headed over tonight and got things right on that, and got to paruse his collection of projects.
Goodies like a Factory 5 Cobra Daytona replica, several mid 50s Studabakers, a 57 Chevy Nomad, an SCCA corvette, a mid 70s Jeepster Commando, 60s mustangs, Camaros and the '50 Pontiac rat rod that he keeps trying to get me to buy (believe me I don't need any encouragement).
Plus all kinds of other 40-50s American iron. I gotta take a camera over there some time.

OP
A
jlaird,years ago i was chief flight engineer for a foreign oil co. we would fly the oil minister of yemen around the world and spent a great deal of time in oman, using the "royal" terminal of the airport with its gaudy overdone interior and furnishings, we would stay at the "crown plaza" hotel on the beach, but we would bring our own g-4. one day a very tall bearded passenger got on the plane wearing traditional arib clothing,he took the first seat on the right side of the aircraft, never said a word, later the yemen oil minister told me this tall man was considered a god amongst his people, the tall man was osama bin laden himself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/patriot.gif