• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Side Screen Retaining Bracket

mgedit

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I have the wedge type brackets on my 56. The part number is 602040 for the assembly. I have the chrome brackets, but not the locking screws (602124) and pins (552172). Looks like the screw is 1/4 x 28. Does anyone have a source for these parts? Far as I can see Moss and TRF no longer stock. Does anyone have a picture that they could share so I know what I'm actually looking for. Cheers, Mike

SideScreenHolderHole.jpg

Don Elliott

Obi Wan
Here are mine - from my 1958 TR3A. They switched to the Dzus type about 200 cars after mine.

Attachments

• 29403.jpg
    29403.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 208

Don Elliott

Obi Wan
Here is a close-up. The screw is chromed. There is a shoulder above the threaded portion and then there is a larger section which is grooved (straight knurling) so you can grip your thumb and finger on it to turn it to tighten the sidescreen support brackets. The top has a very slight dome on it. I have never needed to tighten mine because I rarely have the sidecurtains on the TR.

But if it's raining hard and you want to lift the sidecurtain to ensure no rain comes in along the top, then you would tighten these screws to keep the top edge of the sidecurtain up under the roof flap.

Attachments

• 29404.jpg
    29404.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 195

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
Is this one?

MysteryScrew.jpg

It's been in my big jar of 'unknown bits of Britsh origin' for the past 40 years or so, have long wonder what it came off of. In the early 70s I had a TR3A with wedge brackets (but later Dzus curtains).

OP
mgedit

mgedit

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Thanks Don. Geo, I think that might work, but don't think that is like original. It should have a second shoulder so that the pin keeps it from slipping out. Anyone have four of the originals they don't need, or know of a source? Cheers, Mike

Don Elliott

Obi Wan
Geo - Mine have a straight knurl as shown - but yours looks correct to me - other than the diamond knurling you have.

Attachments

• 29405.jpg
    29405.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 159

mallard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
They are held in place with a pin that you have to press in.

Attachments

• 29408.jpg
    29408.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 210
OP
mgedit

mgedit

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Thanks Keith. Great picture. Now where can one find these unique little bolts? Cheers, Mike

mallard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I think I have one more that has been re-chromed, the one in the picture also would need to re-chromed. You can have these two but you will need to hunt up two more. I don't think anybody is selling these.

OP
mgedit

mgedit

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Thanks Keith. Will double check all my tins and boxes and contact you by private message. Cheers, Mike

OP
mgedit

mgedit

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Thanks to everyone for their guidance. Poured out all the various cans and boxes, sorted everything, and found the missing screws! Now just need to get some small split pins and should be good to go. Looks like the heads have either been re-chromed and lost their knurl or they were smooth to begin with. In either case, I'm not worried about it and am happy to have these hard to obtain screws. Cheers, Mike

BracketswithScrews.jpg

BillyB62

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
My brackets are painted black and I've been hesitant to chrome them in fear that they would become too hot in the sun. How do most of you cover/display yours?

Don Elliott

Obi Wan
Bill - Yours are the Dzus type for later TR3As and the TR3Bs, not as shown above. But mine which came chromed brand new have never felt hot. TRA has some "originality rules" for the finish on yours.

Google TRA and look for "TR Sidescreen Guidelines".