• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR6 Seat for my TR6

Gerdo

Freshman Member
I'm looking to replace (non original) my seat in my TR6. I am going to autocross this summer and want something that will hold me better than stock. Also on long drives the originals are not that comfortable and are small. The top of the seat is across my shoulders and the headrest is at the base of my head. Has anyone used an aftermarket seat? If so what kind?

michalotti_tr

Jedi Knight
Well, it's not aftermarket, but I love the Miata seats in my '4A

G

Gerdo,
I am using the Surrey seats from Victoria British. Pluses include great comfort, good lumbar support, excellent headrests, good lateral support and look like they fit in a British car. Negatives would be a little bit of a challenge to install and quality is very good but not great. They are also a little pricey. Overall, I would recommend them.

Bill

ps, I think they are called Surrey. Whatever, it's the seats that VB sells.

LastDeadLast

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Not sure what the height is like, but older Porsche 911 seats are the right height and width, plus they look vintage. There's usually three or four sets for sale on Ebay.

Ab Crevoiserat

Jedi Hopeful
I used seats for a Jeep CJ. They needed some alterations to make them fit but the price was right and it really wasn't that hard. You can find them at 4wheel drive hardware. They are the Super Sport Seat and sold as Outback by Smittybilt.If your interested I can send you pics of the seats installed in my car. and details on how to install them. Very comfortable and inexpensive.

Ab Crevoiserat

Jedi Hopeful
Need to take a new picture, the ones I have are too big. I'll try to post it tomorrow.

IanF

Jedi Trainee
My personal favorite "replacement" seats are BMW E30 "sport" seats made by Recaro from an M3 or 318/25is. Super-comfy and suportive. Not as over-the-top as current aftermarket seats and more adjustable. Really nice ones can be had off Ebay for $200 or so. Can be found in black (common), tan (reasonably common) or red (kinda rare).

Ab Crevoiserat

Jedi Hopeful
Vettdog, Send me your email and I will send pictures of the seats and details

Ab Crevoiserat

Jedi Hopeful
Got it and sent you the pictures. Good luck.

vettedog72

Jedi Knight
BEAUTIFUL seats. You need to post a picture for all to see. The head rest looks like a period head rest with slighly more plushness and some how the bolsters look at home. You got a home run with your setup.

vettedog72

Jedi Knight
Alan:
Ab sent the pictures to me today on another computer. Ab is the lucky owner. If he does not post them tonight, I will post my copies tomorrow.

G

Shannon, Ab, please do.
My seats are white, short and uncomfortable (I'm 6"2 and need to lose a pound or fifty). This is probably job #1 when it comes back from the shop. I get backache when I'm in there for more than an hour so I need all the help I can get.

I looked at Miata seats, but nice ones aint cheap. E30 fuggedabahtit, 911 yeah right - I had a 996 and I'd kill (or certainly maim) for those seats again but gfl finding any, so if CJ look good and are available then I'm v.v. interested...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

gjh2007

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Anyone had any experience trying a Volvo 850 seat? I might take a quick meas on my daughter's car. They are super comfy, if not totally period & my independent Volvo guy probably has 10 pairs laying around somewhere.

Then I could switch on the seat heaters! Never mind the electric adjust!!!??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Ab Crevoiserat

Jedi Hopeful
Vettdog, Sorry I couldn't post those pics. I am not very savy when it comes to computer stuff and I get very frustrated when I can't get things to work, like making files smaller so I can post them. Please if you can go ahead and post the pictures for me. Thanks

vettedog72

Jedi Knight
Baddabing
GREATSEATS.jpg