• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Seat floor position

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
Well, I lost my pattern. I thought that I had seen someone post the dimensions of where the seats should be bolted to the floors but have searched and can,t find anything. Can anyone post some reference dimensions of where the holes should be drilled in the floors on a BJ7. Thanks Dave.

Patrick67BJ8

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
Well, I lost my pattern. I thought that I had seen someone post the dimensions of where the seats should be bolted to the floors but have searched and can,t find anything. Can anyone post some reference dimensions of where the holes should be drilled in the floors on a BJ7. Thanks Dave.
I downloaded these from the web. I don't know who the authors are but my car is a BJ8 and I used the "blue" one.

Attachments

• Holes-for-seat-slides.jpg
    Holes-for-seat-slides.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 139
  • Joibt strip protective1 001.jpg
    Joibt strip protective1 001.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 136
  • seat_holes_meansurements for BJ8.jpg
    seat_holes_meansurements for BJ8.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 140
OP
vette

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
Thanks Patrick, I messed around with it a little today, playing withdifferent positions and seeing how far the seat would move on their tracks and how close it would come to the tunnel. Then sat in it to see if I liked the leg positions. Made marks on the floor. Now I,m really curious how the dimensions in your drawings will come close to what I have done. HAVEN,t drilled any holes yet. thanks again. Dave C. (Typing really bad, using wife's IPad and she wants it back!). :smile:

Griz

Jedi Hopeful
For what it's worth, I used the dimensions shown in the third picture above for my BJ7. Still have not installed the seats so don't know for sure how things will work out. The mounting holes on the driver's side did match up well with the heat shield holes however. - Griz

bob hughes

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I also used the third picture, the position is not too bad, but the seat belt fixing on the floor is quite close to the seat frame when installed, but there again it was before I put the new floor in.

:cheers:

Bob

OP
vette

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
Thanks all. Still sneaking iPad. My computer in for repairs.

andrea

Jedi Knight
Country flag
The second photo are make and used from me, to make a cardboard 1:1 pattern for holes and insulation panel, for drive side LH it appear correct to me, car is finished and driver position is good and comfortable
I have reversed the pattern for passenger side and I HAVE A PROBLEM (easy) I must modify the seat base holes-
passenger seat are very nearest to the hand brake in particular the bolt of the seatback articulation
I hope that advice can be useful. and my error will not repeated
Cheers
Andrea

Patrick67BJ8

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
Thanks Patrick, I messed around with it a little today, playing withdifferent positions and seeing how far the seat would move on their tracks and how close it would come to the tunnel. Then sat in it to see if I liked the leg positions. Made marks on the floor. Now I,m really curious how the dimensions in your drawings will come close to what I have done. HAVEN,t drilled any holes yet. thanks again. Dave C. (Typing really bad, using wife's IPad and she wants it back!). :smile:
My biggest problem was getting the holes where they should be and once I used the center of the chassis for a referrence point of dead center it all fell into place. As Anrea indicates in his post about the emergence brake being to close to the seat on the passenger side...I need to check that one next. I am planning on going to see a friend who has an unmolested BJ8 and getting exhause mount hole locations, etc. and I'll check the emergence brake on it. I have purchased a trammel tool for use to accurately measure the distances between the seat, exhaust & insulation panel mounts.

OP
vette

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
I compared the specs of the 3rd drawing with what I laid out yesterday in my experimentation. My proposed position was one inch to the rear of the specs in the drawing and 1/2 inch inboard of the specs in the drawing. It is good that I had those specs because my rear ward position would have put the rear bolts too close to the rear outrigger. But I would have seen that eventually but the drawing was a big help. I am going to compomise on the side to side specs in that I will use the position I came up with that is 1/2 inch inboard of the drawing. I have put the seat in place many time in the last few days and I feel confident that my adjustment to the lateral position won't interfer with anything such as the width of the tunnel if the seat is pulled way forward. all this has been with the drivers side seat. Andrea's point is well taken and I will probably do some trial and error when fitting that seat as well. But I believe also that the first drawing presented by Patrick is of a passenger's side. It should help alot. Dave.