• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Seat Belts for 100

mjobrien

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I need to purchase some seat belts for the 100, does anyone have recommendations on which ones or where best to source? want something that looks period more stock than race.

Thanks for the help,
Michael.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Hi Michael, give Nor,an Knock a ring [phone / e mail] at British Car Specialties I think he has a kit for those cars.-FWIW--Keokr

HEALEYJAG

Jedi Warrior
I bought a set of blue belts with the austin healey logo on the chrome clasp...bought on ebay from sports and classics inc. from darien ct... There ebay account is 512classics.

Color is perfect and they look great!

Pete

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
OH! Pete Im glad Virginia made you happy.---Keoke-- :laugh:

Rob Glasgow

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I bought mine through JC Whitney. The same style and manufacturer as supplied by Moss but available in many colors. The blue was a good match for my interior. I bought the size that was designed for rear seats and they were just the right length. I think the front seat length would have been too long. Not very expensive but the quality looks good.

healeynut

Jedi Knight
Country flag
When getting the chrome buckles, make sure you get the "Aviator" style tongue & lift buckle vs the more common twin latch "Vintage" style tongue & lift buckle.

The Vintage style tongue is really fiddly and half the time people who don't use them, don't actually buckle themselves in eventhough the tongue has been inserted in the buckle. Frankly I think the Vintage buckles are unsafe to use.

You can see the different buckles and what they look like here;

Different Buckles

tiga2

Jedi Trainee
....I use these old competetion / aircraft belts, they are very "vintage", are nice and wide and look cool.
I get lots of positive comments about them.

Attachments

• 15479.jpg
    15479.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 216

pan

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
If you are happy with lap belts only there is no problem. I wanted lap/sash belts so I had to devise a way to have the sash fit comfortably with the hood up or down. This requires a way of detaching the belt and looping it under the hood frame when the hood is up, or over the folded hood. I did this by having another clasp on the outboard side. It adds to the time required to raise or lower the hood (sorry, "soft-top") but it makes wearing the belts comfortable which is one of the most important factors.

zblu

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I fitted competition as they are not road approved, the reason being that if I fitted normal ones (doesn't matter over here if they were not a standard fitment at time of manufacture) and were to be pulled over and not wearing them I would receive a fine!

Johnny

Darth Vader
Country flag
Hello Michael. Strange you should post your seat belt question right after mine. Anyway, if you "google" automobile seatbelt" you'll get a nice list to go from. Some I noticed were a lot cheaper than Moss etc. Some even offer both types of fastener (hook type, or bolt on). One company, "Snake Oyl" will restore your old belts or sell new ones. One company, the name escapes me, is now having a sale, you can buy the lap belt type in various colors with the aircraft style of latch for only $19 plus $5 postage.
Good luck with your search, let us know what you bought.

OP
mjobrien

mjobrien

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Johnny,

Must have missed your post.... I did find Snake Oyl and plan to give them a call....

Thansk,
Michael.