• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Searching for 100M for sale

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Could someone please help me locate the dealership that was selling a white 100M, with blue interior, that they had purchased in January at the RM Auction in Scottsdale?

I believe it was in this forum that someone posted a link to the dealer's website where they were asking $215,000 or $210,000, but I can't find the thread or post.

Thanks.

cmc140

Freshman Member
Reid,
I believe this is the car you are talking about.

https://www.rmauctions.com/featurecars.cfm?SaleCode=AZ12&CarID=r128&fc=0#
https://www.healeydata.com/cars/detail/?car=BN2L228363

I remember seeing pictures of it at https://www.cooperclassiccars.com/
However, it's not listed anymore and I don't know if it was before of after the auction.

They had a bunch of pictures and I was intrigued because there was a picture that showed it had a 40422B distributor. My car has a build date shortly after it, in 1955, and also has a 40422B distributor. My intention was to save all of the pictures, but I've searched high and low and can't find them.

However, it's not listed anymore.

Hope this helps,
Chris

OP
Editor_Reid

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Thanks Chris.

I believe that that's the car all right, and the Cooper Classics website looks familiar. I guess that someone must have bought it... would be really interested in how much it went for, but of course we're not likely to find that out.

Thanks again.

Healey 100

Jedi Warrior
I saw the car at the RM in Phoenix. It was beautifully done, paperwork claimed it was concours gold level. Looked to have all the visible concours stuff done properly.

I thought the price paid ($162,250) at RM was rather high. Sorry, but Old English White is not exactly resale red! If it really sold a few months later for $210K, I guess that flipping 100Ms is still a growth industry.

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
:iagree: Resale red.

OP
Editor_Reid

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Healey 100 said:
I saw the car at the RM in Phoenix. It was beautifully done, paperwork claimed it was concours gold level. Looked to have all the visible concours stuff done properly.

I thought the price paid ($162,250) at RM was rather high. Sorry, but Old English White is not exactly resale red! If it really sold a few months later for $210K, I guess that flipping 100Ms is still a growth industry.

I saw there it too, and was surprised since I had judged this car at the Conclave in San Diego in 2008. It was a solid Gold-level car, and the one major fault that I remembered had been corrected by the time it appeared in Arizona.

I thought that the single-color white was handsome but boring, and the blue interior with it, while interesting and pleasant enough, wasn't exciting.

I thought that the money spent was probably about right considering what a great example it is, but was then surprised to learn that a dealer bought it at that price. Obviously they thought that there was still money in it, and if they sold it at anywhere near their asking price, they were right.

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Still flabbergasted about pricing for #1 condition 100M's. Figure it was restored white as that was the original color scheme and they stuck to the Heritage Certificate to keep it that way. That's what I would have done. Glad mine was born red over black as do agree, white is kind of boring for a 100M. Hope they continue to go up - helps all Healey owners.
Regards,
Mike

Country flag
Sorry you guys feel that way about white. I like the white. That is why I repainted mine OEW. I feel white looks very rich and elegant when of set by Healey chrome and black tops. But,that's why they make "31 Flavors".

Patrick67BJ8

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
bighealeysource said:
Still flabbergasted about pricing for #1 condition 100M's. Figure it was restored white as that was the original color scheme and they stuck to the Heritage Certificate to keep it that way. That's what I would have done. Glad mine was born red over black as do agree, white is kind of boring for a 100M. Hope they continue to go up - helps all Healey owners.
Regards,
Mike
Police call it "Revenue Red". A study was done about 35 to 40 years ago and it was conceded that since Red cars stood out much more than other colors of cars they were given more tickets. (So many articles I wish I had saved when I was young!!).

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
No insults intended to any white Healey's out there !!! I had a white with black interior/white piping BT7 that was a beautiful car. Love the two tone cars and think on a 100-4 it looks even more dramatic, maybe because of the different grill treatment. Of course the fact that red is my favorite color for any car might have something to do with my preference !
Regards,
Mike