• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Rolls Roys Hemi ,,,ehhhhh ! yeah !

challe

Freshman Member
Look what I find ,,, is it Great or just Crazy !?
Have Fun !

Challe /

rolls2ku0.png

rolls3us8.png

rolls1wa6.png

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
:pukeface:

PATR8

Jedi Knight
I think in the Carolina's , in the foothills near, the NASCAR fans, it might be a hit. I do not care for it but it is different

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Aw, C'mon...I'd get a big kick outta seeing that thing go smokin down a drag strip!
Custom Rollers are fun to see. I could never cut one up myself, but what the hey!
Now if he diden't have that giant huffer stickin outta the hood, that'd be an awesome sleeper!

Country flag
Actually Banjo....I agree. Lose the bug catcher injector system, cut the center section out of the hood, raise it 4 inches or so and you might not immediately know just what was different... :laugh:

toysrrus

Yoda
It must be nice to have a ton of $$$ to [censored] away!!

Not Me even if I hit the Lottery.

Russ

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Hmmmmm, is that a corn haulin tank in the trunk? Looks a little suspicious to me. Could be the reason for all that extra hardware. "Thunder Road"!
happy0148.gif

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
sing along now, "let me tell you a story bout a man named Jed.."

"Jethro, what in tarnation have you done now boy?!"

Country flag
It's probably more reliable than the original factory assembled car! And easier to service! :laugh:

racingenglishcars

Darth Vader
Country flag
From the pictures it looks like a quality build. (based on the nice fit of the bonnet and the detail in the trunk)
Therefore I approve. Though they are wonderful to drive and nice to work on, I never really liked the complexity of the RR and especially not the price and availability of parts.

R

RonMacPherson

I have a good Bud who has converted the power train on several Rollers here on Oahu. Reason? The owners did not want to pay well over 20K plus just to get the engine back in proper condition. So for a lot less than an engine repair, new engine, trans, power brakes(which also does away with super expensive complex design)..Properly done it is at least keeping these things rolling.

My bud also has worked to repair several Rollers to an older gent who has nine (9) rollers. Some of which haven't turned a wheel in better than 25 years... So any repair that keeps them moving is better than just watching them rust away.

Perhaps the hemi owner had a major system failure and decided to modify rather than rust?

Country flag
racingenglishcars said:
Though they are wonderful to drive and nice to work on, I never really liked the complexity of the RR and especially not the price and availability of parts.

Triple systems for the brakes, $1000+ per EACH brake hose. Fix the brakes or buy 2 older Mini's....one for each foot....hmmmm! :laugh:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
woof.

Old Rollies are goin' the way of th' dodo 'round here. Even so I don't think that "treatment" is too desirable... let 'em die a nice dignified demise. Recycle the working bits then have some fun watchin' the local crusher ~attempt~ to reduce it to a cube. :smirk:

V

vagt6

Akin to dressing the Queen of England in blue jeans and a tee shirt, IMO.

The most dignified of cars, torn to bits.

Sad.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
...and we can't see if it has wheelie-bars or not...

I'm gonna ~elucidate~ (nice big word, huh? :wink: ) on my opinion now.

Rolls builds (or DID) a car to a particular standard. It comes from the philosophy that a "motorcoach" is to be passed down generationally, like the rest of the livery and estate possessions. A true heirloom. Buy ONE and expect it to be useful for a few generations. They were engineered and built to do just that. The only things they didn't have a concept of were "popularity" and a wealth increase of the 'average person' to make their cars "obsolete" LESS than ten years from build date. The things are an absolutely infinitely renewable vehicle.

Society changed right out from under them. "Eeeewww! Who'd want THAT ol' lump?!?!"

To take a Rollie like that one and turn it into a '64 Chevy L.A. low-rider simply because they can makes NO sense to me. But it's an example of how cheapened our values have become (societially). And at least to me harkens a very ugly time to come. Icons trashed, traditions belittled, respect for skill and knowledge disregarded. "I bought it, I'll do as I please with it!" No argument with the statement, rather the paradigm.

Knowing we stand on the shoulders of those who came before, knowing we owe them a debt unlikely to be repaid is lost. As lost as that Rolls is.

...just MY take on it, the history of the future will determine whether or not it has merit. Luckily I'll likely not make it to my 80's to know.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Got Wellies?!?! :devilgrin: