• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Rolls Healey listed on Ebay

stevebn2bj7

Jedi Warrior
Overnight one of the Rolls Healey's was listed on Ebay. It is in North Carolina and I bet it is the one that was at Conclave in Winston-Salem a few years ago from the guy that was in on the Healey museum. This may answer some questions about the future of the proposed museum. The listing is very small as far as photos and information considering that it has a minimum bid of $100,000 and a higher reserve.

Item number 260230697587

Roger

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Looks just like the one I saw in Storeton Engineering in Bebington about 40 years ago.

Ed_K

Jedi Knight
I saw one of these at Hendrix WW last August when I was picking up my wheels and tires. They said IT was
going to the Healey museum when it opened.
Unless my memory is bad, ( and it may well be ), that one was
metallic blue.
So either two of the three of these cars are in NC or the metallic blue one was painted white and is the one for sale on ebay ? Somehow I doubt that.
Maybe I am mistaken but I don't think so.
Perhaps Jerry Anderson will comment.

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
Wowsers, nice lot of pics and description for something the guy is expecting someone to pay big bucks for. I just don't get that, but maybe with a transaction this size it is expected that the car will be inspected by the buyer or an agent thereof prior to purchase.

Maybe "Jerry" can enlighten us more about the car!

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
There is only the one Rolls-Healey in the USA. It is owned by Allan Casavant, the man behind the Healey Museum. I won't go into the reasons for sale, but let's clarify that there is (a) only one Rolls-Healey in North America, and (b) it is, and always has been, white.

The sale of a Rolls-Healey is a very rare event, and someone is going to acquire a significant addition to his collection.

Ed_K

Jedi Knight
There were several cars in the same building with the Rolls-Healey. Perhaps I am remembering another one that was metallic blue.
So if that is the same car, it would appear that the museum project has either come to an abrupt halt, or at least it has gone off the road and got a tire stuck in the mud up to the axle !

Ed_K

Jedi Knight
I am remembering more about the car I saw last year. It was metallic blue, had twin headlights on each side of the car, was a wider body car than a 3000 just like the one for sale on ebay.
It had a Rolls engine ( or at least that was what was on the valve cover). I think Jerry told me that it was one of Donald's personal cars and would be put into the museum. So perhaps the one I saw was not an " official " 4000 or whatever, just something that Donald cobbled together for his own use ?
Jerry, If you have a picture of that car and any comments, please tell us.
Thanks,
Ed

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Ed_K said:
I am remembering more about the car I saw last year. It was metallic blue, had twin headlights on each side of the car, was a wider body car than a 3000 just like the one for sale on ebay.

I would have doubted that the four-headlamp "Healey" had been to North Carolina recently, but if you say you saw it there, so be it.

Perhaps it just looked wider due to the four headlamps.

In any case, here's some additional info on that car:
Four Headlamp Healey

Cottontop

Jedi Warrior
stevebn2bj7 said:
It is in North Carolina and I bet it is the one that was at Conclave in Winston-Salem a few years ago

HERE is one of the pictures that I took of the car at the Winston-Salem Conclave in 2005.

Tim

Country flag
The listing has been pulled....? And a search on Rolls Healy comes back with a badge and some wire.

Country flag
And of course I meant HealEy! It is early! LoL

zblu

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Hmmm, wonder if that old roller motor out of the austin champ sitting down the back might fit in my healey :smile:

RobertM

The car was 6" wider and you could see the patch on the firewall where it had been put back together. It was as if the a 3000 was sawed down the middle and patched. I saw this car at a Southeastern getogether a year ago and it was the only straight shift (there were 2 automatics).
Bob M