• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

RIP Herbert Blake Hays

Country flag
My brother died early this afternoon. He was 55. I mention it in this forum because he was probably the biggest TR fan there was as he was 6' 11 1/2. In his younger days he was a big Mopar enthusiast and loved Barracudas. Then he got turned on to TR3s and was always working on, driving and eventually owning at least one. In addition to his TR3 he also had a Chrysler New Yorker stationwagon, a HUGE landyacht! :smile: A year or so ago, I found him a "free" 1966 Jaguar. He brought it home and was really excited about, but I think it was about that time that things began to falter and he passed it on. He was very active in the Maryland and Virginia Triumph clubs and particularly enjoyed going to the big fall show near his Stuzrts Draft, Virginia home. I had hoped to go to that show with him last year but wasn't able to and we had talked about going this year. The two of us shared a deep passion for all things cars, from building models to collecting Hot Wheels, Matchboxes, slot cars etc as kids and then 1:1 scale cars as "adults". :smile: We also shared a love for old wooden boats, having grown up around them at our Dad's summer cottage. He was an awesome man, brother, father and husband. He broke the mold when they made him and he will be sorely missed.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
So sorry, Peter.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
My condolences to you and your family Peter.

trrdster2000

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Peter, we have so little time on this earth, it's nice to hear that there are some that enjoy the whole time, as obviously your brother did.

Regards to you and yours.

Wayne

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
Sad to hear this Peter. My condolences are with you and your family.

JDstr4a

Jedi Hopeful
Silver
Country flag
Peter, our condolences to you and your family. May your memories give you strength.
JD

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
Very sorry Peter - I would have liked to have met your brother, aside from sharing the same age, we shared a similar interest in cars, my high school car was a 67 cuda.

billspit

Jedi Knight
Country flag
My condolences to you and your family. It's good that you had such a great relationship with your brother. I feel quite guilty that my brother and I have grown apart over the past few years.

D

DougF

My sympathies. It's great that there were several passions that the two of you were able to share. You will always have a vast collection of memories.

Dale

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Sorry to hear of your loss.

OP
S
Country flag
Thanks everyone. Your kind words and thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated. This has been a rough time. The Sunday I saw my brother for the last time, my wife texted me to let me know our dog had to be put down. Then the Sunday that my brother passed, my wife and were leaving to go pick up our kids at camp for a week of family vacation to celebrate the adoption of our two youngest kids. My wife and I decided not to tell our kids about my brother or the dog until after they get back from the next session of camp so I keep having to stop myself from mentioning either when conversation drifts toward either topic.

My brother's celebration of life will be held on August 11th in Virginia.

Thanks again for all your kindness, thoughts and prayers.

KVH

Darth Vader
Country flag
Very sorry about your loss. You can take some comfort knowing you'll have so many fond memories. I lost a brother. It wasn't easy getting over it. Loss is a part of life. None of us is immune. I think of my brothers jokes, and I always laugh. I could say more, but you already know most of what I'd relate. Stay well and keep working on those LBCs. Best.