• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

restoration guide book

Hoghead

Jedi Trainee
What is a good restoration guide book for a BJ8

I see one on Amazon by Gary Anderson but 441.00 is a bit more than I want to pay for a book

andybj8

Jedi Hopeful
Yes that's the best by roger moment and Gary Anderson , the first print had 3 healeys in blue and started to go for a lot of money as they were in short supply but it's just been reprinted by motor books with a red/ black car on the cover and is just list price. Google it.
Cheers Andy

AUSMHLY

Obi Wan
Country flag
Hoghead said:
What is a good restoration guide book for a BJ8

I see one on Amazon by Gary Anderson but 441.00 is a bit more than I want to pay for a book

If you want more detailed information, then get a copy of:

Austin-Healey concours Registry, Originality Guide of Restorations and Registry Inspections Austin-Healey 100, 100-Six, and 3000.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Be sure and get a factory manuel too.. You will be surprised at the info it contains--Keoke- :laugh:

dougsmarkIII

andybj8 said:
Yes that's the best by roger moment and Gary Anderson , the first print had 3 healeys in blue and started to go for a lot of money as they were in short supply but it's just been reprinted by motor books with a red/ black car on the cover and is just list price. Google it.
Cheers Andy

Tried Google and Motor Books, can't find this book. Anyone got a link?

Doug

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Hey Hoghead,
I checked to see if the Anderson/Moment book was back out and also could not find it on Motorbooks.com. The red over black car on the cover is the edition I have had for about 7 years, came out in 2000. I have spoken with Roger Moment in the past year about the book and he indicated it was going to be reprinted with a bunch more color photos and updates but that had not happened yet. Not sure when it is coming out but if it has a red over black BJ8 on the cover, that is the 2000 edition.

Also big thanks to 57BN4 for putting the entire thing in a pdf format which is nice to have as a backup to the real thing !

Regards,
Mike

Johnny

Darth Vader
Country flag
In addition to all mentioned here You might consider utilizing both the AHC websites as sources for restoration. Of course you'll have to join to use the website databases.

As always there's the BCF, which is a great source of humor as well as knowledge and experience.

andybj8

Jedi Hopeful
Sorry for the wrong steer, it's the original book done by Anders the ex historian for the heritage museum where you get your heritage Certs that has reprinted, this book is what Gary and roger based there's on:
Original Austin healey : The restorers guide To 100, 100-6 and 3000 by Anders Clausager
I thought that gary has said his had just been reprinted as well on the healey list, maybe it's on it's way out, I'm sure he said it was and was no different with no updates, might be wrong.
Anyway the Anders book is out (i checked this time :smile: )and the 1st editions were going for big money