• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Request Battery Cable Length

RAC68

Darth Vader
Hi All,

Does anyone have the actual lengths of the original battery cables for a BJ8/3000? I had thought this would be easy information to come by but have not found it in my library of information and would like to build the replacements before disassembling the originals.

Thanks all,
Ray (64BJ8P1)

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
Ray, I bought new battery cable from Jeg's Performance Products. It is a kit that many use when building hot rods or drag cars etc. It is #1 AWG and has one end with the battery connector and the other end you cut and apply your own connector for the solenoid end. The #1 size still fits well but you will have to use other clamps but sill goes in same locations. It will help to reduce unwanted resistence in the circuit to help charge the battery and easier starting. I'm sorry I don't have the exact length, but if you have the original what's the difference. Also when I installed mine, i didn't cut it till I ran it to the solenoid. Healey Surgeons in DC. has original replacements and they may be willing to measure one for you.

OP
RAC68

RAC68

Darth Vader
Vette,

I apologize for not responding sooner. Thank you for your response and cable lead.

My interest was to purchase some double walled cable and simply and quickly install the new battery cable at the same time I de-install the old one. However, since this seems more difficult to accomplish that initially expected, I have decided to reconsider and, with additional information collected from FAA-approved approaches promoted for experimental aircraft, will continue my pursuit to protect the battery and alternator circuits from dead shorts.

I will provide an update once the design is completed and the installation is in progress.

All the best,

Ray (64BJ8P1)

Last edited:

Patrick67BJ8

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
Vette,

I apologize for not responding sooner. Thank you for your response and cable lead.

My interest was to purchase some double walled cable and simply and quickly installed a new battery cable. However, since this seems more difficult to accomplish that initially expected, I have decided to reconsider and, with additional information collected from FAA-approved approaches promoted for experimental aircraft, will continue my pursuit to protect the battery and alternator circuits from dead shorts.

I will provide an update once the design is completed and the installation is in progress.

All the best,

Ray (64BJ8P1)
I purchased my aftermarket cables made from Welding Cable. Very strong but also flexible.