• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Remember when I said ugg what could happen next?

PATR8

Jedi Knight
I ordered my new starter and should get it tomorrow, that is good... My pulley and Power Steering have been repaired, that is good...

I took today off to meet with some contractors about an home addition and while doing some yard work, the gentleman who owns a TR6 back the road stopped and asked me where my red DHC was... I told it was off being painted and some odds and ends fixed and then he dropped the bomb. While in Florida they picked up TR7 DHC too, but it was green. I had to explain to him the fact mine was just repainted green last week. What a social flop that became... Two green DHC wedges on one block. I am sure glad I went bold and had the buldges painted yellow.

More good news, he needs a front bumper (said a rat chewed the rubber cover)and as I am down to the last few days of stripping parts from my FHC I had it to offer him. I hope he will take a few more parts off my hands as I do not think I will be able to fit all I want to keep in my garage

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Tell this "so called neighbor" that he has to move, after he takes all the stuff that you don't want from your garage.

Kindly remind him that "real neighbors" don't do that kind of thing.

Explain that yours was green first and this will just not be tolerated, so he will have to go or sell the car and buy another color.

What nerve....sheesh!!

OP
PATR8

PATR8

Jedi Knight
OK.... now the Starter which was to have been shipped from California on Monday is being shipped today. I got a "sorry Dude" from the salesman. I guess I am being selfish but I thnk I shold have got a "free next day shipping" consolution. This is not a small starter shop and has over 1000 feedback on ebay...
I am fustrated... I have to put the old started on the car and get it out of the garage because he has a new project coming in (a 57 chevy being repainted the orginal pinkish hue)

OP
PATR8

PATR8

Jedi Knight
Well I picked up the starter today, and as mad as I am at the horrible customer service and the "Dude it just happens sometimes" delivery three time what they told me.....It is a pretty darn sweet starter. It is probably a third less weight and a third smaller in size.

While we were waiting and waiting for teh starter the local performace shop guy stopped by to take a look at the 8 and we offered to tighten up the steering a little and took my power steering pump and did a rebuild with new gaskets and such.

We threw in the starter and the power steering pump back in. Connected the battery and the starter made a huge difference. The lifters were knocking a little I guess from the front being up in the air for 2 weeks and then smoothed out. My lights would not pop up (I guess the Lucas Fairy did not fix them while they were in the garage cause I forgot to play with them) and I we were looking to make sure everything was tightened up we noticed a drip then a squirt then a flood of power steering fluid. Upon looking at the hose the hose must have been rubbing against the subframe for awhile. The threads could be felt thru the leak but the increased pressure from the rebuilt pump must have popped the worn spot. SO I am off to the parts store tomorrow am to get some hose to create a repair part until I can find a replacement hose.

philman

Jedi Knight
It never ends does it?