• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Relocated to Colorado

RTR52nd

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Hey everyone -

I've been away from the board for quite some time, but am now happily back. I've just moved to Denver (with my project car in tow), and will now actually have the time and place to push on with my restoration. I'm wondering if any other LBCers can help me out with a local source for used parts. (At the moment, a front rubber bumber would be a good start.)

Thanks in advance, and have a great day. Oh, and if you do live in the Denver area, today would be a great day to be out driving with the top down instead of sitting here responding to me! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/driving.gif

Rob Reynolds
'76 B

swift6

Yoda
WELCOME TO COLORFUL COLORADO ROB!

Yes, today looks to be another great day heading torwards the low 60's but its still early so I'll still respond. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

There are two clubs you need to immediately know about. First is the MGCC Rocky Mountain Centre. Primarily becasue you own an MG, it just wouldn't be cricket to send you to the Rocky Mountain Triumph Club. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/jester.gif

The second club is my club. The British Motoring Club of Northern Colorado, we tend to be a very FUN club that is open to just about any type of sporting vehicle.

On the MGCC Rocky Mountain Centre web page is a 'Links' page where there is a link to local British Car Mechanics. Those would probably be your best bet to locate parts for your rubber bumper. If not, I know where an engineless rubber bumper car is sitting not too far from Denver. At least it was there the last time I looked.

Do you live in Denver or in one of the suburbs? If you get up to Fort Collins (we're only 50 miles north of Denver), I'd be happy to show you around to the best micro breweries in the state. Yes I'm biased when it comes to micro breweries. Colorado has several but the best are in Fort Collins. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thirsty.gif

OP
RTR52nd

RTR52nd

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Hey Shawn -

Thanks for the info! I'm looking forward to getting my B in shape enough to drive up into the mountains without having to worry about coasting all the way back home!
I'm in the north part of Denver - Denver Heights, I think? I will definitely let you know when I'm headed up to Fort Collins, and will take you up on that micro brewery tour /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cheers.gif

Thanks again, and have a great day!

swift6

Yoda
Federal Heights maybe? North side of Denver is at least easy to get out of and head torwards Fort Collins.

Will this be your first Colorado snow storm this weekend then?

OP
RTR52nd

RTR52nd

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Well, according to my wife, we're in Berkeley Heights. Right in the Regis University area. As for snow, well.... We bought the house last fall, and moved my wife in in early November. (I had work to finish up in NYC.) I came out for Thanksgiving, so that storm was when I bought the snow shovel. Then I came back out just before Christmas and stayed til New Years Eve, so I got to play in those two storms as well. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif Then I returned to NY and just got back into town on Monday, so my wife got to shovel all of the January snow. (She'll forgive me eventually...) But today's storm is one of the reason's I love Denver. You get a snow storm in the morning, and by 2pm it's warm and sunny!

swift6

Yoda
Aha! Berkeley Heights, a good central loction.

We didn't even get any snow from that last storm. We got some rain and of course all the wind.

Good luck on finding what you need for your MGB.

bcliff

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Hi Bob,
Another checking in from the north. I am in Loveland. I've had 8 or nine MGBs can't remember right now. Great cars. I know a few parts sources. I am without an MG right now, but that will change in a couple of weeks.
Current fleet is as follows:
1934 english Ford Model Y
1962 Austin Mini
1965 Triumph Herald
1966 Riley Elf (New daily driver)
1973 Triumph Stag
Just sold my '61 Morris Minor Traveller.
I'm up for a brewery tour too>
Bruce Clifford