• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

OT - Chump/Lemons Triumph racing opportunity

cheseroo

Jedi Trainee
As some of you may know, tdskip and I participate in Chumpcar and 24 Hours of Lemons racing. If anyone wants to do Lemons/Chump, this is a cheap way to get in. And it's a Triumph to boot! It's been a few years since I've had anything to do with it and don't know exactly who currently owns it so NFI. I do know I put poly bushings, new shocks and Woody's springs under it a few years ago. I believe the top end is brand new (which probably contributed to the bottom end taking a dump). I have 2 Lemons cars already and am in process building a 3rd (British but not a Triumph) or I would be all over this. This is a legitimate contender for multiple Lemons awards including Index of Effluency (pays better than overall winner), Class C winner and Organizer's Choice.

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/3276590772.html

5Nb5G15Hb3G53ka3F8c9gb47ce2f390cc1f24.jpg

OP
C

cheseroo

Jedi Trainee
I forgot my GoPro, the only footage I have is from the Moke when someone else left their GoPro on there for my stint. I can post that when the DVD arrives. Anyone have a suggestion for reasonable Windows MP4 editing software so I can cut down the size? In the meantime, here's some eye candy from last weekend at Thunderhill.

https://youtu.be/BqmvUOeavIc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHMnmt2IYhc

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
Hey, we were at Thunderhill also. It was HOT. Our car had an overheating problem and also ate two alternators. So we lost a lot of track time. Ford COrtina, rust color, with a Pinto 2.0 motor. we also have a bump steer problem but I think that is fixable now. The Cortina does not corner well in its present state. Still had fun.

Jerry

OP
C

cheseroo

Jedi Trainee
Jerry - We stopped by and chatted a bit on Saturday night. I was the guy looking for a 4a bonnet. Spank was the guy with me that has minis. Yes it was warm, we had a homemade cool suit setup in the Corvette. I never used one before and it made a big difference right up until the ice ran out. I still think my cool seat is the way to go once I get the bugs worked out. Both times I had the cool suit hooked up, I pulled the fittings loose getting out because I forgot about them. Cool seat removes that problem. I was quite happy to have passed both the Cortina and the MGB while driving the Moke in my personal Battle for Britain. Perhaps see you at Chuckwalla in December? We are also doing the Chump race at Fontana in November.