• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

One of Those Days

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
Just one of those days.

I dropped my wrench and it made another hole in the floor board...!

DSC00576_zps09d99614.jpg

OP
CJD

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
By the way...all these years I felt lucky my car wasn't as bad as Dave's, Jerry's, Bill's, or JP's. Well, now you guys can feel lucky you don't have this piece of s%&#...I mean...paradize... to work on!!

I made it a challenge...there is actually one viewpoint where I can see the ground while looking through 4 rusted out panels. Try to top that!

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
I couldn't even try to top that, and my hat is off to you guys that can deal with replacing panels and such. I'm strictly a grease monkey.

But your photo puts me in mind of the time a friend rode with me to lunch, and screamed when he realized he could see the road between his feet! He still won't ride with me, even though that was 20 years ago and I patched the hole the next week (with roofing tin and fiberglass).

TexasKnucklehead

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Come on... that's not soo bad. I found the previous "restoration" work to be more of a challenge than rust. When you have to cut away old patches that were brazed on top of rusted out sections, and covering the bolts that attach the panel to the car -that's when I get frustrated.

But, I remember giving a girl a ride to college in my Duster. We hit one of those big spring slushy, snow-melting with ash puddles. She had on a white dress. I saw specks of mud hit the inside of the rear window from a "small" hole in the passenger floor board that had been frozen shut for weeks. She had a black strip of spots and I tried to not notice. She never learned how to properly position her feet and eventually found another ride.

M_Pied_Lourd

Darth Vader
Country flag
Hi John, a least you know you are going to find rust ! There won't be any surprises there. :smile:

Lukens

Jedi Warrior
Like Randall, I stick to the greasy stuff. I have customized a couple of bikes, but I sure don't have the room to tackle a full blown auto restoration.
On the topic, I had a buddy that stuffed both feet through the floorboard of his POS 1954 Chrysler while reaching for his wallet.:glee:

Country flag
Thats pretty std floors for a TR3. John, I had a guy bring me a 58 TR3 today. He wanted me to get it running. Car had been parked since 79. We talked about 2 hours on all what it needed to be a drivable car. He then asked me if I wanted to buy it. SO I have another TR3. After another 2 hours after he left I had the engine running. Didn' t sound bad. You'll see if Friday. BTW, driver floor looks about like yours.

Russ - I may put your pertronix unit it later.

Marv

OP
CJD

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
You're not implying there's anything wrong with my shifter knob, are you?? I thought that's one part I don't have to replace!

100_0274_zps9ea131c9.jpg