• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Once in a lifetime

Bob Claffie

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Driving home today, south on MA 91 near Greenfield, came upon a LBC which I didn't recognize. Silver coupe, right hand drive with MA plates over the English ? registration underneath. Would you believe a Gordan Keeble ? I have no reference for selecting that Manufacturer EXCEPT that was on the license plate. Mass vanity plate "Keeble". Anyone ever seen one in real life ? Bob

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
I race with a guy who has a Peerless, a related car.

The Peerless used a TR3 engine. The G-K is the same chassis and similar body but with a Chevy V8.

They are rare!

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
I have seen a Gordon Keeble.... Believe it or not, it was for sale on the forecourt of a car dealer in Bilston (just outside of Wolverhampton) in the UK probably around 1982/83 or so. Burgundy red in colour, a most striking car!

Hemmings Sports & Exotic Car magazine did a feature on the Gordon Keeble a while ago, and from the description and the location of your spot I would guess that it was the same car that they featured.

billspohn

Jedi Knight
Country flag
The Peerless was a slab sided plastic bodied car. The GK is a less slab sided plastic bodied car, which endears itself to me only by the fact that it was the only car other than the MGA Twin Cam to use the Dunlop peg drive wheels using 4 pegs (Jaguar used a 5 peg version, normally in 16" diameter).

The GK wheels were also an inch wider than the Twin Cam wheels.

They built them on a shoe string and the chassis wasn't really up to the job in terms of handling, not helped by the choice of worm and sector steering system, but they maintain a following and most of them still exist. The chassis wasn't a Triumph based one, it was a bespoke square tube creation, not bad, actually, utilizing a de Dion rear suspension, and apparently they had a nice ride quality. See the club site for more info.

I look on them as a less powerful version of what my Jensen CV-8 was in that market.