• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Group events

Photography

Oldest dog in th' kennel

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
This was my first Nikon (not with this lens, tho). I got to the point I could reload it on a dead run... holding the back by the open locking tab between my eye teeth. Looking back, that's nuts.

Depending on how the F-2 comes back, this one may be next for refurb. I'm a sentimental idiot, right?

NikonFsmall.jpg

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
I've never held one of those nor experienced shooting one so I'd have to ask. Would it be worth the effort to have a forth body? I'm counting Mitzy's 7500 as well.

Yours Truly,
Devils Advocate

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I've never held one of those nor experienced shooting one so I'd have to ask. Would it be worth the effort to have a forth body? I'm counting Mitzy's 7500 as well.

Yours Truly,
Devils Advocate

:lol2:

Well, hers is hers, so it'd be one DSLR body for me and three film ones, not really much worth in the latter three. The film bodies would be "toys" and only of value if operational and someone were wanting/willing to buy them. Novelty items, for all practical purposes. I appreciate your "Advocacy" as well.
As posted above: I'm a sentimental idiot, right?

The original F is a clumsy tool, the back must be separated from the body to reload, metering prism is a clunky affair. And ya oughta see the motor drive for one! I would think the only real use for one might be as a prop for period productions. :devilgrin:

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Ugh. Realized I spelled Mitsy's name wrong. Apologies. I have a friend named Chas, S pronounced Z. Shoulda been easy for me.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Ugh. Realized I spelled Mitsy's name wrong. Apologies. I have a friend named Chas, S pronounced Z. Shoulda been easy for me.
No apology necessary. No harm done, it's a pseudonym in any event. "Horsemits" is the only anagram she could make of her RL name, from that she morphed it into "Mitsy Roan" for use on various other 'net platforms.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Oh gee, when I read the title I thought it was gonna be a selfie!

I'd oblige but I think I've used up my Selfie Credits for a while.