• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Now if this isn't a deal on eBay...

Hegg

Jedi Hopeful
1960's TR7 on eBay!

I bet it's pretty rare for a '66 TR7. The body alone is worth $12,000 it looks like.

I think I'm just up too late and too entertained. I was hopin' to rile up ObiRich! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
I love the guy that wrote to him saying it was an ultra rare, early MKI XKE Jaguar... bwaaaa hahahahahahah.
Good luck getting 12K out of a non running,gutted GT6 with no comission plate!

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
What a joke!! Some peopole are rather stupid. Maybe he meant $12.00

Bruce

ObiRichKanobi

Jedi Knight
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
bet it's pretty rare for a '66 TR7. The body alone is worth $12,000 it looks like.

I think I'm just up too late and too entertained. I was hopin' to rile up ObiRich!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, everyone beat me to the punch on this one...as Bugs Bunny says, "What a maroon!" At least it's not listed as rustfree.

V

vagt6

Yes, that "rare 66 TR7" must be related to a similar EBay ad I saw recently ab /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nonono.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazyeyes.gifout a fifties model TR-3 equipped with "the rare 5 speed transmission".

Very rare, indeed.

Hayfever

Jedi Trainee
Here's the "question" I sent in.

[ QUOTE ]

Just so you're aware, the person who said this was a Jag is yanking your chain, or is completely mistaken. This very well could be a 66. It's a Triumph GT6 Mk1, made from 1966-68. More info can be found at https://www.triumphspitfire.com/historyG1.html & https://www.triumphspitfire.com/carsGT6.html. If you go to https://www.nadaguides.com you can look up the collector car value for that car. Using 1967 (as late 66 is a 67 model year) it shows that the "Low Retail" value for that car is $3,725. Low Retail is described as "This vehicle would be in mechanically functional condition, needing only minor reconditioning. The exterior paint, trim, and interior would show normal wear, needing only minor reconditioning. May also be a deteriorated restoration or a very poor amateur restoration. Most usable "as-is"." which does not fit your car so the value of your car is less. I would suggest lowering the opening bid to $1,200 to get a reasonable response. Just a suggestion from a former GT6 owner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Radford

Jedi Knight
Well he may not know what he has, and it may be no were close to a 95% complete car, but niether is he asking 12000.00 for it. I don't know what he wants for it but it might be a nice fixer up.

R

Randi

Be aware or beware there is obviously no Title or they would know what kind of car this is! Randi

jsneddon

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Don't beware - obviously Ed Blake at British Car Restorations knows what he's talking about - it's an ultra-rare XKE!!! worth at LEAST $80,000!!!

I can't believe all you people who have nothing better to do but disparage well-informed british car experts on ebay!

<remove tongue from cheek> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

G

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe all you people who have nothing better to do but disparage well-informed british car experts on ebay!

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that was sort of the unofficial pastime of members of the BCF!

frankenstang57

Jedi Warrior
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gifActually, I was reading somewhere that this car is really an ultra-rare GT7. They only made about 20, and they came with a top secret inline 7 cylinder, that ran on hydogen... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
It's actually the only GT6 ever made with a secret rear suspension option that fixed the rear-breakaway -- oh crap, spinning off tush-end first into the tree cornering dynamics!

That might be worth $12,000 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

A

aerog

[ QUOTE ]
I love the guy that wrote to him saying it was an ultra rare, early MKI XKE Jaguar... bwaaaa hahahahahahah.
Good luck getting 12K out of a non running,gutted GT6 with no comission plate!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing. Real source of knowledge there... XKE, hmm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif