• This "National Events" forum is expressly for posting national events that would be of interest to British car enthusiasts. You post an event in the same way that you would post a regular thread. Be sure your event post includes:
    • Title of the Event
    • Location of Event
    • Date(s) of the Event
    • Point of contact for Event
    • Website, Facebook Link, etc., if available
    IMPORTANT: Be sure to add the event to our Events Calendar. It's easy - WATCH VIDEO to learn how.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New club in Ontario

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
If anyone on the forum lives close to the Barrie, Ontario area I am planning to form a sports car club there. It is open to any owner or enthusiast of vintage sports cars or classic import cars (any import makes are welcome).

There will be an inaugural meeting on Thursday February 6th at 7:00 PM in Barrie. If anyone is interested please contact me, or if anyone happens to know someone who lives up here (just a little north of Toronto) pass on this message please.

thegoodbeamer

Jedi Warrior
Sherlock
There is the Boots and Bonnet club somwhere there. I don't have the info anymore. You can try Joe Lightfootat [litefoot@lks.net]. He was president and I believe still involved in that club.

OP
Sherlock

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Hi Goodbeamer,

I've actually met Joe Lightfoot before, he lives about five hours from here, not exactly in my target area.

I have just simply noticed that LBC owners in the area between Newmarket and Orillia, roughly bordering the edge of Lake Simcoe and the area just west of there, don't do things together. Apparently most of them just attend social events down in Toronto (about an hour drive away). So this is just a way to get people gathered locally.

By the way, Joe Lightfoot has a fantastic collection of over 100 Austins, and also some Rootes stuff (Commer motorhome, Commer Caravan panel van, and some other stuff?), and a few other saloons and sports cars. I haven't seen any of it, except for cars he brings to shows, but his collection is legendary around Ontario.

thegoodbeamer

Jedi Warrior
I have never met Joe but only know him through their club news letter as he used to send us it. Also did have some back and forth with him with email.Would be neat to meet him.
Planning at least hoping to go to the sunbeam united in September. Maybe you could let me know of any events through Sept 15 to Oct.10 out yor way just in case.
Thanks.

OP
Sherlock

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> thegoodbeamer said: I have never met Joe but only know him through their club news letter as he used to send us it. Also did have some back and forth with him with email.Would be neat to meet him.
Planning at least hoping to go to the sunbeam united in September. Maybe you could let me know of any events through Sept 15 to Oct.10 out yor way just in case.<hr></blockquote>

Joe lives about four hours east of Toronto, in a beautuful region called Prince Edward County. There are a couple of great classic car scrapyards near his place. Roblins, https://www.roblins.net, and Minakers (no website). Haven't actually been to them yet, but intend to - I'm told they both have a good number of interesting old imports rotting away.

The only event in September for British cars is British Car Day in Oakville (about the third weekend), but it's a big one. I've mentioned it on here before, they usually get over 1,000 cars at the show (likely the biggest all-British show in North America). For more details keep checking back to the host club's website, https://www.torontotriumph.com

And... when and where is the Sunbeam United show you mentioned? I might be interested in attending. Where would I find out more information? Thanks

thegoodbeamer

Jedi Warrior
Sherlock
Sunbeam united will be held in Harrisburg PA.Dates are September 25 thru 28.2003/ It is sponsored by Tigers East/Alines East.It hasn't been publicized as yet. Tiger Tom Will be the coordinator.I have known Tom for [omygosh] 13 years. This is why I really hope to be able to get there.The last united I attended was at Niagra Falls.I was speaker then and did better than the Lister which was its first showing. Never take a car that hasn't been tested. We trailered it and it only had .5 miles on it when we put it on the trailer but I was going.
Email me and I will forward more info to you.

OP
Sherlock

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> Sherlock said: If anyone on the forum lives close to the Barrie, Ontario area I am planning to form a sports car club there. It is open to any owner or enthusiast of vintage sports cars or classic import cars (any import makes are welcome).
There will be an inaugural meeting on Thursday February 6th at 7:00 PM in Barrie. If anyone is interested please contact me, or if anyone happens to know someone who lives up here (just a little north of Toronto) pass on this message please<hr></blockquote>

Sucesss! The first meeting had 12 people attend, a great start!