• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Motorcycles are Dangerous!

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
Owell, I got home the other day open the garage to find my HondaDavidson laying on the fender of the TR6!
(Pretty good scratch right down to the metal)

Apparently the UPS guy dropped off a package in my garage right next to the bike, he musta nudged the bike just enough to jar it off balance.

Ok live and learn. Note to self: DONT park bike within falling distance of LBC!!!

The car is at the body shop, The guy said I was lucky he still has more of the paint to repaint the fender, while it's there im having touch up done on other chips scratches etc...

BTW:" the bike is fine! pos!

DSC07743.jpg

Oh the UPS package was from Moss "It was the wrong part"!!!

OP
kodanja

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
I didnt have the bike on the center stand and the front tire was a little flat too...duh /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/nopity.gif

PeterK

Yoda
Sucks, but could have been worse.

I would tell the driver but still give him his holiday check. My driver is sooo good, putting packages inside our porch all year for us, that we leave a card and $20 each Christmas season.

OP
kodanja

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
usually he has no problem putting them in the garage, but this time it was a very large package...

AltaKnight

Jedi Knight
What, a new engine perhaps?

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
If it makes you feel any better, many years ago I proceeded to trip my BMW bike over on the 928S4. It was a <b>very</b> expensive moment of stupidity.

Try explaining how that happened to State Farm...

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
If it makes you feel any better, many years ago I proceeded to trip my BMW bike over on the 928S4. It was a <u>very</u> expensive moment of stupidity.

Try explaining how that happened to State Farm...

OP
kodanja

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
I DIDNT EVEN BOTHER REPORTING IT TO MY INSURENCE COMPANY .

Hmmmmmmmmmmm MAYBE I SHOULD.....na, my luck they'll drop me!

kcbugeye1275

Jedi Knight
My blunder a couple yrs ago was a nonclosed door while backing out of the garage in the BE with a pretty new paint job. I pulled back in, my wife was with me, and I got down by the door and its tacoed door jamb with a lot of very bad thoughts going through my mind and my wife was at my shoulder asking what the problem was. I carefully explained that she needed to leave and go to the mall and whereever else, but she needed to be away from me for at the very least, a little while.

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
kodanja said:
I DIDNT EVEN BOTHER REPORTING IT TO MY INSURENCE COMPANY .

Hmmmmmmmmmmm MAYBE I SHOULD.....na, my luck they'll drop me!

My father, in a moment of amnesia, once reversed his BMW out of the garage, into the driveway pullout so that he could turn around, forgetting that he had earlier parked my mother's Jaguar in that same pullout. Oooops!

He reported it to the insurance company, who paid out and didn't even ask for the deductible. No damage to the Bimmer, but the Jag had a nice dent........

Harry_Ward

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Note to self - Move Harley to the other side of the garage and tell the youngest to move the Honda into the shed!

Sorry to hear the bad news Kodanja.

gsalt57tr3

Jedi Warrior
I have a Yamaha Vino. 125cc motorscooter I ride for the 87 mpg and to make me feel safe when I'm in my TR3.

I pull the TR3 far enough into the garage so I can park the scooter behind the car, rather than beside the car.

OP
kodanja

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
Not much room in my garage for all my toys, I guess I just have to be more careful bout placement. Im hope to have a big ol' shed built in the spring time so I can store the motorcycle, tractor, 2 snowblowers, air conditioners,lawn mowers, chain saws, rakes, shovels, hoses assorted LBC parts, & so on & so on.......

My wife says "Isn't it a two car garage?"
I say not as long as I have the TR.

BTW: my car should be back in the garage by the middle of next week!

good time to clean out the garage /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banana.gif