• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Most Reliable Supplier??

G

Stewart,
A list of suppliers by touting their good/not-so-good qualities shouldn't be taken as an endorsement. But: IMHO, Moss has the best inventory, marginal advice, good return policy. Victoria British has good inventory, ZERO advice and good return policy. TRF has fair inventory (although they oft stock things the others don't have), first rate advice (if you talk to Dave, who knows everything there is to know about Triumphs) and good return policy. Moss UK has things you can't get over here, but will pay, as well as Rimmer. Best bet: shop'em all, as everyone else does.

Good luck

Bill

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
I agree with Bill...shop around
The obvious "big dog" is Moss Motors.
Many smaller shops can sell via the Moss catalog and frequently at lower prices. I work 5 minutes from Moss East, but I still buy most of my stuff from a small local guy who's cheaper and uses the Moss catalog..
Victoria British also has a similar selection at similar prices. I haven't asked for advice from the Moss or VB. The parts clerk at Moss East is a helpful and polite young woman, but I don't think she'd know a Sunbeam Alpine from a Sunbeam toaster.
Nisonger Automotive can be good for some stuff (such as intruments).
SpitBits has a good supply of Triumph stuff (some used stuff too).
Rimmer Brothers has an excellent on-line catalog, but they are in the UK, which makes shipping costs high to North America.
Occasionally, I'll go into my local "regular" auto parts store (such as Advance Auto here in the eastern US)...they can often order ordinary parts such as brake pads, air filters and so forth. I was able to get axle bearings for a Sprite this way (after checking the numbers on the original bearings).

Wherever you buy, the problem I'm seeing more and more is poor quality "replica" parts made in India or China. All the major suppliers seem to have some of this stuff. If you can, try to buy stuff made in England, the US or Europe.

OP
TR6Stuart

TR6Stuart

Thanks once more gentlemen.
I've all but finished my 1974 TR6, I'm just waiting for some cosmetic stuff i.e. wheel trim set, sill plate kit, dash knob set etc. Waiting is the operative word, nearly 10 weeks to date. 99% of the stuff I got from Roadster Factory and am very pleased with, but this wait for these final bits is getting somewhat tiresome. I did get a new gas tank from British Victoria (the old one sprung a leak)and it was around $200 cheaper, and they had it in stock, all the other suppliers didn't.
The interior was shipped over from the UK, a company called Prestige Auto Trim supplied an excellent product and less expensive then any US company.

<image deleted - Please limit image sizes to no wider that 640 pixels - Basil>