• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Group events

Photography

More old pics

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Copied prints using the DSLR, shot originally with a medium format camera, Tri_X. Settings lost to time.
NLM1_2.JPG
NLM2.JPG

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Local graveyard, Wampum, PA. Shot with 35mm Tri-X, "push-processed" in HC-110 (high contrast developer) and contact printed onto Kodalith (also a high contrast emulsion) film.

Reversed_tree2.jpg

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Proposed promo shot, Tri-X in high contrast "soup" HC-110.

FullHousePromo2.JPG

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
I like the cemetery reversed. Adds to the creep factor.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Amongst the old negs, circa 1965. Not worth cleaning it up. My first SLR, a fixed-lens Mamiya.

img054_2.jpg

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Some street shots, two in Ubon, Thailand. Motorcycle engine repair Thai style and a "luxury sedan" seldom seen on the streets of that place. And a San Francisco FD water manifold I found interesting.

UbonStreets2.JPG

UbonStreets1.JPG

SFFD1.JPG

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
May 1973, looking at San Francisco from Coit Tower, Telegraph Hill.
CoitSF2.JPG

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Woo hoo, a left handed camera.
I'd forgotten about this, my mentor had one. Heavy, awkward to hold and all bass-ackwards!
Exacta2.jpg

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
In the movie "Rear Window" Jimmy Stewart uses an Exacta. Modern versions of the remastered flick have the trade-dress blurred out!

Last edited:
OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
No idea why. Likely someone was concerned Pentacon would sue if the name appeared?

We certainly see the same thing when Nikons are in a scene.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Likely someone was concerned Pentacon would sue if the name appeared?
That is the exact reason. There have been lawsuits in the past, now there is a clearance department on every production. In our department (Set Decorating) we have to clear all artwork and electronics and some other types of dressing. It is a major pain. I was even asked to clear photo IDs on a show. I used Photoshop to alter those photos into people that didn't exist. Then supply the before and after shots to the legal staff. They had never seen what I did before.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
That is the exact reason. There have been lawsuits in the past, now there is a clearance department on every production. In our department (Set Decorating) we have to clear all artwork and electronics and some other types of dressing. It is a major pain. I was even asked to clear photo IDs on a show. I used Photoshop to alter those photos into people that didn't exist. Then supply the before and after shots to the legal staff. They had never seen what I did before.
Is this why I often see movies in which a person clearly has an Apple computer, for example, on their desk, but the Apple logo is covered with a plain white circle?

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Yes. It can get so stupid. I've worked on Sony TV shows where we got product placement TVs from Sony. That means they were cleared, Sony knew about it. We still put black electrical tape over the TVs logo. In the case of a TV show, the network doesn't know who an advertiser might be when the show airs. A movie doesn't have that limitation however that movie will eventually be on TV, like Rear Window.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
we have to clear all artwork and electronics and some other types of dressing. It is a major pain. I was even asked to clear photo IDs on a show. I used Photoshop to alter those photos into people that didn't exist. Then supply the before and after shots to the legal staff. They had never seen what I did before.
It'd be funny if it weren't such a PITA.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
On the program "American Restoration" they've taped over the Snap-On logos on toolboxes but I've seen Craftsman ones left alone. Odd, that.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Forgot to mention, the first four photos in the thread are copied 11"x17" prints.