• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Miles in my Austin-Healey 2008

pan

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Hi all,
Last year there was a thread asking how many miles we record in a year in our Austin-Healeys.
In 2008 I recorded 3,377 miles in my 100. This is slightly down on the previous year.

Country flag
You mean, your speedometers work?

Truth is, I had my gauges done by Nisonger, so they're good, but the speedo-drive in my MGC XMSN goes <span style="font-style: italic">offline</span> after about fifteen minutes of driving.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Well Randy, if you ever sell your Healey, you can claim "Low Miles". :banana:

SMP

Freshman Member
Do towing miles count? :eeek:
In 2008, my friend Steve towed my BJ8 to his house, for the second time in two years, from the body shop, then to to painter, then back to his house where it is currently stored in his 4 car garage while my son builds my garage/workshop. Hopefully Steve will tow it one more time--to my house so I can put it back together again... :wall:

Happy 2009

spartan0199

I put 12 miles on my Healey this year. Started it two times and went around the block.

Top priority in the spring is new tires to replace my 1980 vintage Michelin XZXs.

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
:banana: Using my odometer as a guide to fill-her-up, I know that I've filled up about 15 - 20 times. I usually fill at 200 miles. so... I guess I put on about 3,000 - 4,000 miles this year. I've never paid attention to the odometer but I guess I should, especially since Mo-Ma did such a great job on the instruments. I didn't realize that I drove so much but when you think about it, I do. When I have a choice, I always opt for Agatha even when it means I have to go into town to do mundane errands - into town is minimally 40 miles round trip. Obviously I'm a driver... :driving:

P.S. Bas - can we get a lady driver???

Country flag
spartan0199 said:
I put 12 miles on my Healey this year. Started it two times and went around the block.

Top priority in the spring is new tires to replace my 1980 vintage Michelin XZXs.
Hey, you're practically a neighbor!

I just live down US23 on the west side of Toledo (Holland, actually).

MarkA

Jedi Trainee
I only made ~5,000 miles this year. I had to give one of the other cars some attention. It was getting lonely...
grin.gif

Mark

hama61

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Mine BN 4 drove 600 miles less than I wanted to drive. The speedo is working but the needle is jumping like a kangaroo. But with 3 upgrowing kids and a BN 7 project with which I want to make a start anyhow otherwise it will be a very long project in my spare time I have to look now and then for a two seater hardtop which is seeking like a needle in a haystack. I promised myself atleast to make more miles during 2009.

Ed_K

Jedi Knight
I put 7000 miles on the odometer in the last 10 months. I think my speedometer and odometer are clocking 10 % too much so it was probably only 6300 actual miles...
The miles really rack up when you are having fun !
:driving: :cheers:

Ed_K

Jedi Knight
Hi Judow,

I do the same thing. I watch for 200 miles on the trip odometer and then head for the gas station.

:driving:

Ed