• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Mike's Vintage Racing Video Thread!

Elva164

Jedi Trainee
Hey all, I've taken video almost every time I've driven the Cortina and though I would make a thread to share the videos from now on! If you'd like to see some of the older ones, just look at the link in my signature. These two videos are from the Jefferson this year. I had a front and rear video for the first time and I'm working on combining them for each session. This is my damp qualifying session on Friday, and I still need to edit my part of the enduro and the IMSA reunion race! Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions for better ways to combine the video!

Front view:

Rear view:

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Mike -

Nice video, my only advice would be to edit down the long solo areas. I find 10 minutes is about the sweet spot for a race video length. I enjoyed the views however.

OP
Elva164

Elva164

Jedi Trainee
Thanks for the input, I'll take a closer look at the next two sessions and see how I can pare it down a bit!

Edit: So I'm uploading my second session now and couldn't really find much to cut. It was the second half of an enduro, so luckily other cars were around almost every lap. If you wouldn't mind, take a look when they're done and see if it's still best to keep the video short and pick favorite moments, or if a session with stuff happening the whole time works out. Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
Elva164

Elva164

Jedi Trainee
Here's the front view of the Friday enduro; it's full of action, with cars around me almost every lap! A great use of the new front-rear dual view! The rear view is uploading now and should be done tonight. As always, comments and tips are welcome!

OP
Elva164

Elva164

Jedi Trainee
Rear view for the enduro is finished! There's one more session to upload, and according to people around the pit lane including event Grand Marshal John Morton, it was my most exciting drive! Stay tuned!

OP
Elva164

Elva164

Jedi Trainee
This was my best session of the weekend, and probably my fastest ever! I started on pole in the IMSA under 2.5L reunion race filled with 2002s, Pintos, Alfa GTVs and GTAs, Minis, and the fastest 2L Fiat 124 Coupe I've ever seen. I definitely pushed a bit harder this session and cut a further half second off my best time!

OP
Elva164

Elva164

Jedi Trainee
Here's my last video of the Cortina from that weekend. It's the larger rear view of my IMSA reunion race, my best session of the weekend. If you want to switch back and forth between front and rear views, I have a link on each of these new videos to do that!

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Nice run Mike.....