• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

mice like nomex

tr8todd

Jedi Knight
It would seem that mice like to make nests out of nomex. I grabbed my gear bag out of one of the race cars the other day to bring it into the house. When I opened up the bag, I discovered that a mouse had removed the linings from inside my new shoes, and chewed a hole in the back of my fairly new suit. The hole is about the size of a baseball, but alot of the nomex is gone from between the layers. He did not touch my pair of old shoes, the underwear, socks, or the single layer suit I have. He went straight for the good stuff. I figure replacement costs around $600.00. Why couldn't he have just gone for the helmet? I want a new lighter one anyway. All this and it's too late for a Christmas request. My sister jokes that she still gets catalogs from Racer Wholesale after ordering me fireproof underware for christmas one year. All out war on the mice now. Traps and pans of antifreeze everywhere.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Bait traps with PEANUT BUTTER!!!

Wow. Destructive beasts. Be sure to check your wiring, they may have gone for dessert.

OP
T

tr8todd

Jedi Knight
Nah. They like potato bread better. You ball it up on the trigger. They have to chew on it to get it off. I live in an old farm house on the edge of the woods and some cranberry bogs. I have lots of experience killing those buggers. It's the chipmunks that are hard to catch. My motto is one trap one kill. I stole that one sort of from the snipers.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Ugh!

*All* my race clothing (and the harnessess) live in those giant, plastic "TupperWare" boxes for this exact reason.

OP
T

tr8todd

Jedi Knight
Here is another mouse story. One time I had to rebody a race car. There was a TR7 coupe shell sitting under my buddies deck for many years. He had several of them, but this one was the right color to match the vin plate on the car I had just wrecked. I called his wife and asked for the car; he was hunting in Maine at the time. Of course she was happy to give me the car. I dragged the car home, stripped it, cut off the roof, installed the roll cage from wrecked car, reattached roof, painted, and installed all of the parts from the wrecked car. My first time out was at NHIS for a race. First time on track, I get to about 60 MPH on the front straight and the car fills with mouse fur, and bedding. I couldn't breath or see too well. It is amazing how much crap can hide in the places you don't think about. After that, I made a mess of the tech shed blowing out all of the fluff still in the car. It felt like I had mouse fur in my throat all weekend.

Bugeye58

Yoda
Ouch!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cryin.gif
I don't think any self respecting mouse would <u>touch</u> my suit! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Which reminds me, time for a new helmet. I should have thought of that before Christmas!
Jeff

D

Deleted member 3577

[ QUOTE ]
All my race clothing (and the harnesses)

[/ QUOTE ]
<PANIC> OH NO!! Not my new Schroth-HANS belts!

[2 minutes later]......I'm back....Everything is OK.

Thanks for the warning! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif