• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Miata or other seats in a '67B

19_again

Jedi Warrior
What are the experiences here regarding using Miata or other seats in the early Bs? I've replaced the cushions in the stock seats but they are still kind of bony. My seats have great unblemished covers and new webbing and cushions as stated, and once I've found new ones, I'll make these available.
Mike

Monark192

Jedi Warrior
I have no experience with other seats in Bs but do know that Miata seats are the most comfortable car seats I have found. I prefer the cloth seats out of the NA (89-97) Miata and now wish I hadn't sold mine when I gutted the interior of my track toy.

jhorton3

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I put a pair of Miata seats in my Midget, and they're great. Not sure in an early B which of the mounting holes, if any would still work, but it's certainly worth investigating.

bob67bgt

Jedi Knight
I had 99 miata seats in my wifes 63 mgb. Some of the holes line up but they are not as comfortable as later mgb seats. She is now running 73 style seats with the headrests removed. One thing about installing Miata seats in a MGB is the front of the seat needs to be raised a couple of inches so you have some support under the back of your legs. Thats another bit of engineering that needs to be addressed. I think i had to cut or bend the back of the seat adjuster rails also when they were first fitted. I did the conversion around 2001 so the exact details are a bit fuzzy. Bob

OP
19_again

19_again

Jedi Warrior
I am concerned that the tonneau cover won't fit over miata seats, where it may fit over later B seats, actually later B seats never occurred to me. Are they any more comfortable than the 67's?

bob67bgt

Jedi Knight
They are a much better seat. If you run the Miata seat you can recline them before putting the cover on and no problems....When rebuilding later mgb seats put the diaphram in and bolt them to the car with a new foam in the bottom. Then see if you will fit with the top up.I normally shave about 1/2 to one inch from the new foam for clearance. Bob