• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

MGs featured in Toronto!

MGA Steve

Jedi Warrior
Our Northeastern and Canadian BCF members are going to be having fun in February (from Hemmings E-mail newsletter):

Sports Cars
Canadian auto show to feature MGs

The Canadian International Auto Show will shine a spotlight on the history of MG, February 17-26.

MG fans, update your passports and pack your thermal underwear: the Canadian International Auto Show will shine a spotlight on the history of the Abingdon marque this year with a display of 16 MGs from 1937 through 1980. Called Octagon Dreams: a Salute to MG, the display will be open throughout the auto show, scheduled for February 17-26 in Toronto, Canada. The last MGB to roll off the assembly line is expected to be on display, and organizers are trying to line up the first MG—Old Number One—as well.

The show is expected to draw more than 300,000 people to the Rogers Center and the Metro Toronto Convention Center in Toronto’s downtown. More than 1,000 new cars and trucks will be on display, with a number of Canadian and world vehicle introductions expected.

Tickets are $20 for adults and $7 for children ages 7-12; children 6 and younger are admitted at no charge. For more information, see www.autoshow.ca.

- By David LaChance

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/canpatriot.GIF

R6MGS

Yoda
Thanks I went last year and it was OK but I wasn't really planning on attending this year but now,I am sooooo there!!
I am actually surprised I hadn't heard of this before as I am a member of alot of clubs that are involved in the Auto show....must have just been decided recently.

Thanks Again

Anyone else plan on attending this year??

OP
MGA Steve

MGA Steve

Jedi Warrior
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Again

[/ QUOTE ] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/canpatriot.GIF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/patriot.gif You're welcome. Always happy to help out our little northern brother. After all, we get to see the captain of the Canadian Olympic hockey team play every week! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

R6MGS

Yoda
ah, the MG car club...thats why I wasn't aware....I havn't been involved with them in a long while.

SimonA

Freshman Member
Be interesting to see if they can get the last car and "Ol' Number One" as both sit in the Heritage Museum in Gaydon. Don't know if they could afford the insurance to get them to Toronto. Trivia question: the last two cars were a roadster and a GT, both Pewter-coloured; which one was the very last one off the rails?

If you ever get a chance to see this museum, go for it. Very impressive. You can even go for a ride in one of their Land Rovers on the test course. You don't get to drive but fun none-the-less.

Bugeye58

Yoda
Hey Paul. I'm ready for a Toronto trip. I'll let you know if I can make it, and we can hook up. I wouldn't go to the Detroit show, but for an MG exhibit I'll do the six hour drive!
Jeff

KLUTZ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
There seems to be quite a few that would like to come up / over for this show. Perhaps, with the aid of modern technology, ie: these forums and email, we can pick a day, and time that would be convenient to all.
Six hours Jeff? I need to Mapquest and see where Highland is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Paul

Bugeye58

Yoda
Paul, I'm about 40 miles or so northwest of Detroit.
I'd probably cross the border at Sarnia, and take 402 over to the 401.
Maybe six hours is a stretch, but I was allowing for border crossing delays and such. I haven't made the trip in years.
Let's see if we can set something up. I have a neighbor and fellow forum menber who is from Grimsby. Maybe I could talk him into going as well.
Jeff