• Hi Guest! Being a Paying Supporter is NOT a requirement to participate at BCF. However, subscribing will help ensure we can continue to serve the LBC community for years to come. If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource...Please consider supporting us by **Upgrading**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this banner)
Tips
Tips

Looking for SoCal restoration shop

Curt Johnson

Freshman Member
I am looking for a shop to restore my A-H 3000. I was given the name of someone in Paso Robles (I think) but I lost it, can someone tell me who that is? Or I would also like to find someone in Ventura County that is good for Healey restoration.

steveg

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Eric Grunden of Absolutely British in Santa Maria. (805) 349-1000

XKs Unlimited in SLO also restores Healeys. (805) 544-7864

Ventura county's a pretty small place - doubt if there's anyone there.

You might call Moss in Goleta and see if they know of anyone local.

Russ Thompson in Northridge. (818) 256-0693

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
YEP , Eric Grunden of Absolutely British in Santa Maria. (805) 349-1000
is one guy :

There is also Peters Marina Motors in Playa Del Rey very good too.@ 310-399-8313

Last edited:

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Did that guy in Piru close?

OP
C

Curt Johnson

Freshman Member
Bad news! I did not get a reply to the message I left for Eric Gundren, so when I was going by Santa Maria I stopped at his shop. It was closed up when it was supposed to be open, and from what I could see inside it looked like he was packing things up. A guy in a neighboring shop told me he is "moving up north", but he did not know where and no information was left in the window of the shop in Santa Maria. He may end up too far away from me, if he is even still in business. Does anyone here have more information about Eric?
I also had a name and number for a shop in Burbank that works on/restores Healeys but I seem to have lost it. Anyone know anything about that?

SpeedieJag

Freshman Member
Country flag
Also, check out British European Auto in San Pedro, CA (http://britishcar.la/). They work on all manner of British cars. I was in last week for my Jaguar E-type and they were in the midst of a restoration on an Austin Healey including 3 Webers. There were lots of other AH in the shop along with Jaguars, MGs, Triumphs, etc... Heck they were working on an English Cab. The shop is owned by Jeff Taw and managed by Dane Cuoto. They do all the various stages of restoration in house. Good luck, James.

OP
C

Curt Johnson

Freshman Member
I just got off the phone with Russ Thompson at "Thompson British Car" in Northridge. I am making arrangements to bring the car to him. Thanks for the tip Steve, turns out Russ's shop is probably the closest one to me. I suppose when it is finally back on the road after 18 years (found in a garage) I'll have to join the Healey Club.

steveg

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I just got off the phone with Russ Thompson at "Thompson British Car" in Northridge. I am making arrangements to bring the car to him. Thanks for the tip Steve, turns out Russ's shop is probably the closest one to me. I suppose when it is finally back on the road after 18 years (found in a garage) I'll have to join the Healey Club.

Good idea to join the club. We have a lot of activities up your way.