• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

General TR last run with the lady

angelfj1

Yoda
Country flag
The weather this month has been unusually mild. It got up to 60F this past Monday. So, I took the Grey Lady out for her last run of the year.

https://youtu.be/WI7yZy-q3Mg

Cheers,

Frank
smile.png

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Sounds sweet, Frank!

mallard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Frank it looks like you live in a great area, good roads for driving. Any winter projects for the girl?

TexasKnucklehead

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Frank,

A few weeks ago, when Prudence and I pulled off the Pennsylvania Turnpike at Somerset, in our TR3, it was 28 degrees. By Texas standards, that was as "winter" as we wanted to get. I am glad you had another chance for a ride in decent weather. Around here, I am hoping for a few more decent rides, but usually, it doesn't get too bad until the heat of July. But a hibernation due to weather is still a hibernation. -and the roads here never compare to there.

Jer

toysrrus

Yoda
Good Day Frank,

Your TR sounds really good going down one of the Country roads in PA. When I lived in the "Stroudsburg" area; We used to exercise our machines on "RT 209" headed North to "Milford, PA" & then continue into "NY State". Cool Rides!!

Our roads down here were designed by a "Sports Car & Motor Cycle" Engineer; Twisty, Winding, Up & Down etc. Did "God" own an LBC? Our weather allows us to drive most of the year since we virtually have no snow. The Temps are really supposed to dip comes next wk; "Upper 40s"!! Thats about 15deg. "Below" the norm for this time of yr.

Think Global Warming for more driving days!!

Happy Motoring,

Russ

OP
angelfj1

angelfj1

Yoda
Country flag
Hi Keith! Glad you enjoyed the video. Yes, there are a few things I'd like to get done. Found an original, period radio that Id like to install. Not sure where I can hide a small speaker. For some unknown reason, my car did not have the round cut-out on the passenger-side kick panel. I don't have heat in the garage but do have a protable propane heater that I want to try.

Cheers,

Frank;)

OP
angelfj1

angelfj1

Yoda
Country flag
Hey Jerry. Next time you in PA give us a jingle! Yes, the weather has really been strange. Didn't use the snow blower at all last winter!

OP
angelfj1

angelfj1

Yoda
Country flag
Good Day Frank,

Your TR sounds really good going down one of the Country roads in PA. When I lived in the "Stroudsburg" area; We used to exercise our machines on "RT 209" headed North to "Milford, PA" & then continue into "NY State". Cool Rides!!

Our roads down here were designed by a "Sports Car & Motor Cycle" Engineer; Twisty, Winding, Up & Down etc. Did "God" own an LBC? Our weather allows us to drive most of the year since we virtually have no snow. The Temps are really supposed to dip comes next wk; "Upper 40s"!! Thats about 15deg. "Below" the norm for this time of yr.

Think Global Warming for more driving days!!

Happy Motoring,

Russ

Hello Russ! Yes. Rt 209 is a personal favorite. The roads in the video are a few minutes from our house. I never would have believed 60 degrees in November, but the world's weather has truly changed.

Cheers,

Frank:smile-new:

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Hi Mikey! Any new projects?

You'll never guess who sent me an email. Remember Dale from PR? He and Wendy now live in Tampa, FL. Dale seems to be doing OK and he still drives "Amos", his red TR6.

View attachment 30159

Cheers,

Frank:D

No new projects; am only just now wrapping up the GT. Only thing on the horizon is retirement to the Smokies!

Glad you've heard from Dale. Looks like he's enjoying Tampa.

Mickey

toysrrus

Yoda
I remember reading a "Whole Bunch" of posts from "Dale" while in PR in the past.

It seemed like every time he made a post; There was somesort of problem with the TR6. Was`nt he selling the TR6 due to "Total Aggravation"? 1 "g" or 2 "g" in Ag____????

Russ

sd80mac7204

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
That's great that you got a chance to stretch her legs, Frank. I have to rearrange the contents of my garage soon and that involves jumping the dormant Spitfire to move it. If it decides to behave, I might take it for a short spin up the road. I will try to refrain though, it has a 8/13 inspection sticker. PSP seems to watch for old stickers.

OP
angelfj1

angelfj1

Yoda
Country flag
I remember reading a "Whole Bunch" of posts from "Dale" while in PR in the past.

It seemed like every time he made a post; There was somesort of problem with the TR6. Was`nt he selling the TR6 due to "Total Aggravation"? 1 "g" or 2 "g" in Ag____????

Russ

Russ: I didn't hear from Dale for a very long time, but we would occasionally hear from his wife, Wendy. As you may remember, dale had to move because of his COPD. The weather in PR is not ideal for someone with breathing difficulties. Whatever needed to be repaired musta have been done, because he is driving the car.

Frank

OP
angelfj1

angelfj1

Yoda
Country flag
That's great that you got a chance to stretch her legs, Frank. I have to rearrange the contents of my garage soon and that involves jumping the dormant Spitfire to move it. If it decides to behave, I might take it for a short spin up the road. I will try to refrain though, it has a 8/13 inspection sticker. PSP seems to watch for old stickers.

Have you considered antique tags? No inspection required.