• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Jule chassis

leroyshealey

Freshman Member
I am looking for a shop that can finish putting my bn6 back together. The chassis is a Jule and the sheet metal and doors have been fitted but need to be finished, and then the rest of the car needs to be rebuilt. I hate to say it but it has been sitting in almost the same spot that i got it back from jule for a little over 3 years now. anyone know of a shop that has finished a Jule chassis before? I am in richmond VA so a shop on the east coast would be even better.

Thanks Drew

JimSnack

Country flag
Drew,

Check out www.vintagerestorationsltd.com in Union Bridge, MD (410) 775-0500. I was visiting last month and the shop and owner, John Tokar, really impressed me. He's busy, but then again, the best always are!

Jim

AutoArt

Freshman Member
Country flag
Leroy

I am A member of North East Ohio Austin Healey Club and have been restoring British sports cars since 1985 as Automotive Artistry with a very reasonable rate. A professional, insured one man shop in Hudson, Ohio.
Referrals upon request.

Daryl W. Wagner
Automotive Artistry
5116 Hudson Drive
Hudson, Ohio 44236
330-554-4333

V

vagt6

Gassman Automotive in Waynesboro. Reliable, excellent craftsmanship, and they really know British cars.

I've seen them restore everything from a Triumph Spitfire to Aston Martins, Jags, you name it.

Mike Gassman, great guy and runs a tight ship.

Here's the link: https://www.gassmanautomotive.com/page.php?name=home

Good luck, let us know how it goes . . .

OP
L

leroyshealey

Freshman Member
Thanks for the suggestions, i seem to remember reading about a shop that i think was in ohio that had finished several Jule chassis, but i can't seem to find where i read that.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
leroyshealey said:
Thanks for the suggestions, i seem to remember reading about a shop that i think was in ohio that had finished several Jule chassis, but i can't seem to find where i read that.

Nothing unique about finishing up a jule chassis for an experienced Healey restoration shop , they won't even breathe hard. However, Give these folks a call OK---Keoke

White Post Restorations company in White Post, VA.
www.manta.com/c/mm7l5r6/white-post-restorations

OP
L

leroyshealey

Freshman Member
Funny I talked to White Post Restorations about finishing my car and they where not intrested in working on it because it had a Jule chassis. They said they would have taken on the job if they could of had a chance to repair the orginal chassis. I think they like to do restorations back to orginal standards and that it was nothing wrong with the chassis it was just not what they did. To bad because they seem like they do outstanding work.

They are the ones that made me think to ask for a shop that has work with Jule chassis before.

White Post did recommend https://www.abacusracing.com/ i have not contacted them yet as i wanted to know if someone had used a shop for their Jule Project.
Thanks Drew