• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

IT LIVES!

Moseso

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I made the TR3 drive yesterday! I didn't go far or fast (need to renew my registration and get some insurance) but I drove it briefly around the 'hood yesterday. Also, need to hang the drivers door and put the seat belts back in -- but I just couldn't wait.

It all works! Steers straight, pulls strong, stops surely, shifts from gear to gear. This is going to be a GAS!

Well, next spring it will be. Much detail still to go: carpets, interior panels, cockpit cappings, fit hood, tonneau and side curtains...

But it runs! Even the horn honks!

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Congratulations. You must be a happy man today! I would imagine that one drive will make this winters work even more enjoyable.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I can see the silly grin on your face all the way over here - congratulations! Fun, ain't it?

Mickey

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
Congrats on a job well done. It's a great feeling when it first moves under it's own power. :cheers: :driving:

TR4

Jedi Knight
WUUUU HUUUUU........... Very exciting.......congradulations, keep on driving........

D

DougF

What a great feeling that first drive is, especially to have no problems...or tickets.
My first drive with my first TR6 ended with the police sitting at the end of the driveway. Whew, no ticket.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
<span style="font-size: 26pt"> JUST KIDDING!!!</span>

Tinkerman

Darth Vader
Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tinkerman

OP
Moseso

Moseso

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Sorry about no pictures...
I work alone. Even the next-door neighbor wasn't home on Monday to hold the camera. The Postman was on the block when I came back home. I passed him a couple of times. He's been watching my progress mostly on Mondays, as he doesn't come by Sundays. We talked for a while -- he was almost as jazzed as I was. This coming Saturday or Sunday a couple of friends will be coming over for looks/rides. They have a '50s DeSoto. I am certain there will be pictures then (if I don't forget to bring the camera home).