• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

It lives!!!

Kim de B

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
This gives me hope . . . . Another month (or so) of the winter-spring weather uncertainty, and we shoud be good to go here in the Northeast!

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
I'm not *quite* ready to "roll out" yet. The crankshaft for my Spridget is sitting on my workbench as we speak..and I need to paint the thing and do a bunch of detail stuff.
But I'm working hard, so it won't be too long.
grin.gif

Bugeye58

Yoda
Nial, you're painting the crank? Isn't that a little bit anal?
I just picked up a new cylinder head for the "H" Prod. car, so I can build a spare engine, just in case.
This weekends weather looks favorable, with the temps in the 50 degree range, so I'll have to go out to the garage and re-introduce myself to the Sprite!
Jeff

[ 02-26-2004: Message edited by: Bugeye58 ]</p>

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Bugeye58:
Nial, you're painting the crank? Isn't that a little bit anal?

[ 02-26-2004: Message edited by: Bugeye58 ]
<hr></blockquote>

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

...yeah, just wait 'til you see my Nitrided fenders and my turbocharged handbrake!

(anyway, what I *meant* to say was that I'm painting the *body*....right now it's sitting with the doors, front fenders, bonnet and trunk lid off...and engine and tran out....it looks sort of sad right now, but not for long!)

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Kim de B:
. . . Another month (or so) of the winter-spring weather uncertainty, and we shoud be good to go here in the Northeast!<hr></blockquote>

Or sooner (hope-hope). Yesterday (2/28) I drove the Miata *top-down* for the first time in '04. It was a great day with temps reaching the 60s (F). I saw a new Jag, an S2000 and a new Nissan Z-car...all top-down. Also, lots of bikes including two Triumphs.
My lake is still frozen(and they're still ice-fishing on it), but the days are getting warmer and longer.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Second top down trip out of the garage for the '63 Midget oday & I blew a clutch! Barely pulled itself back into the garage....anybody wanna help pull an engine/tranny?