• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I officially have a fully-operational motor vehicle!

SMGoose

For those of you who have been helping me these past few months (thank you, thank you, thank you!), you know all the trouble I've had getting this TR4 on the road. If you don't know, here's a brief rundown of the work I've done since buying it in November:

New exhaust The old one (oooollld one) was completely rusted, leaky, and poorly patched in places. Didn't even pass inspection.

New fuel tank and pump Old fuel tank was leaking. Replaced the old SU electric pump with a Facet electric.

Full tune-up Points, cap, rotor, condenser, plugs, wires, etc.

Replaced transmission, clutch, and release bearing Old transmission gave out during all the other work. Bearings broke loose and wreaked havoc on the mainshaft and other gears. Bought a rebuilt TR6 transmission from Foreign Car Enterprises in KC, MO. Went through the clutch system while I was at it.

Misc. Cleaned up carbs and replaced gaskets, replaced oil sump gasket.
I fully expected to have to do these things eventually, just not all at once and not so soon. So it's been a long winter! But thanks to all you folks on this forum, I've learned quite a bit along the way. So now it's time to show it off. The paint--in a few spots--and interior need some work, but, you know, baby steps. If any of you have any more suggestions, I'm all ears!
A walk-around:
And a short drive:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Looks and sounds GREAT... Now go enjoy driving it :driving:
Good job!

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
Congratulations. Now for the real fun...the English sports car experience.

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
...the English sports car experience.

article-2227749-15D7D997000005DC-370_634x544.jpg

Nice car Scott.

trrdster2000

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Great job Scott, nice and thanks for the ride.

Wayune