• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I hate it

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Waiting for parts.

Shoot I'd of had this engine out and back this weekend if I'd had stuff on the shelf.

As it is is going to be a couple of weeks.

Maybe I could move up close to Tony or Peter C or something.

Jack the pump and balbearing will leave today, you should have by Weds. I try the ball bearing in the regulator first before I pulled the engine.

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Yes, Hap. Will do. That was my plan as well. Try the dumb easy things first.

Maybe I should move up near Hap, he has parts. hehe.

Oh yea check is in the mail to your wife % of the speed shop. She did not give me an address. I thank you both.

Someday, lunch is on me.

Billm

Yoda
Country flag
Just a question to all--
It has been way too long since I did the ball bearing plunger thing- I don't remember if you need to be careful of having the ball fall thru the vent port on the side of the hole or not (before having the spring hold it in place) - I remember something about that but don't remember what.
Bill

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Sorry I'm in Europe when you need me, Jack....but, I'll drink a good German beer for you....might even cry into it...

jhorton3

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Waiting on parts too. Should be here middle of the week. Times like this I wish I wasn't so cheap and ponied up for quicker shipping. I did find out we're not camping next weekend so that means at least Saturday devoted to working on Midgie!

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Naa, have another beer for me Tony. All good things come to those who wait.

spritenut

Luke Skywalker
I hate waiting for parts too. But I have the solution for this.
Keep at least one of everything in stock on the shelf in the garage and there is no waiting. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
At least bearings, water pump, a couple of tuneups, a dozen spark plugs or so, and gasket sets, brakes, hydraulics, etc.
Well I do have 3 or 4 on the road at any given time and one always under construction so I keep just about everything on hand or I order it all well in advance if I am doing a project car.

Billm said:
Just a question to all--
It has been way too long since I did the ball bearing plunger thing- I don't remember if you need to be careful of having the ball fall thru the vent port on the side of the hole or not (before having the spring hold it in place) - I remember something about that but don't remember what.
Bill

It's a 9/16" ballbearing, it can't do that

Luke_Healey

Jedi Trainee
Speaking of waiting for parts...

I placed an order to Victoria British Sunday night. Out of my 18 items I ordered, only one thing was on back order. (Two paper gaskets between the carbs and airboxes)

Anyway, the order is still sitting in their warehouse!

Yesterday morning I ordered another lot of interior and trim items and they are in my hands right now. Just stupid miscellaneous stuff like shifter boot, hood emblem, pedal pads.

Meanwhile my brake cylinders, e-brake cable, and master cylinder rebuild kit are sitting around for some unknown reason.

Bad logistics, and their shipping rates are obscene. I paid 26 dollars to ship two pounds of parts 150 miles, and another 13 dollars to ship less than a pound of items.

Do any of you know if Moss Motors ends up being cheaper with their shipping? I didn't order from them because everything was slightly more expensive, but you could easily make up the difference if they charge actual shipping costs.

I wish their backorder policy was to just send it later with no delays in getting the other stuff I've already paid for out the door.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Moss is much cheaper with shipping...they charge actual weight plus $1 per box...VB charges a set amount based on the value of the order regardless of weight.

If I place the Moss order for you, I send backorders when they come...if something is wrong, I reorder immediately without waiting until I get the incorrect part back....VB is a bit different as they want their part back before shipping the new one unless I just buy another outright & return the incorrect part for credit (which I usually do).

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Or it gets to the Christmas discount bin.