• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hundred Registry

richch

Jedi Trainee
Hello all,

I am currently updating all the Hundred Registry information that Bill Wood compiled over the last 35 years. Bill handed me all his Registry data including personal letters, old snapshots, doodlings and notes in the form of two cardboard boxes of paper.
So far we have accurately recorded over 1200 BN1 and BN2 numbers, owner data and notes. I have them all set up on a massive Access spread sheet so anyting can be checked and cross checked fairly easily. I am now at the point of bringing data up to date with current owner and car info.
To this end, I need everybody's help.
If you have a Hundred, or have parted a Hundred, can you please supply me with chasis number, batch and body number, engine number, any other details like build date, inside and outside colours both then and now, your own personal data, and any previous owner data.
I plan to make this Registry a meaningful and useful resource for inquiries, etc, much as Steve Byers is doing for the BJ8 Registry.
Thanks all,
Rich Chrysler

BrettSutherland

Freshman Member
Seeing as you are in Uppity Canada ... and I am trying to trace a '54 LeMans that was last seen heading for FERGUS, Ont perhaps you would now be the one who might be able to help me track down Grant Clarke's former race car ... one of 4 1954 LeMans imported VIN is BN1L152555 Last known owner was Ken Armstrong at that time living with me in the King and Dufferin area of Toronto. I last saw the car on a flatbed truck heading for Fergus sometime in 1962 or 63.

Brett

Basil

Administrator
Boss
A neighbor of mine ownes (I think its a 54) Lemans, now fully restored. This is in New Mexico, but I've asked her to check her VIN.

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/savewave.gif I'm the "Emperor's" neighbor. I have a BN2 not a BN1 and it came off the line September 6, 1955 and is a factory certified 100M. It is not a BN1 so can't be the same vehicle.

I wish you luck in your search.

Agatha A Healey's Caretaker
Judy

bighly

Jedi Knight
Rich,

I am currently working on a dabase that includes two other registries. I will let you know we end up with. My belief in the long run is a centralized or at least normalized registry(s).

Scrimshander

Freshman Member
Hi Rich, Poking through the forum and noticed your efforts to update the Registry. I have a 56 Healey BN2 100 that I purchased in 1968. Was a member of the Healey club several years past but not recently and not sure if the car vin was ever registered. Serial BN2L-230594 Engine is 1B219170M Body 569012139. I think it was originally black but was red when I purchased it. The old Healey is now sitting in my garage waiting my attention. Has only be on the road for 2 years in all the time it has been in my hands. Good Luck Don

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Just curious - how's the 100 Registry going?

I pm'd you on my 100.

Country flag
bighly said:
Rich,

I am currently working on a dabase that includes two other registries. I will let you know we end up with. My belief in the long run is a centralized or at least normalized registry(s).
Any chance that one of them is for the 100/6 BN4 & BN6?

Rudy Streng has kept a registery for years, but all the data is kept private; how does that benefit anyone? Where does it go when he loses interest?

I can appreciate not giving out owner's names/addresses, but I think the list of serial numbers (cars known to exist and those known to have been scrapped) should be published, so that owners can see where our cars stack up in the results. Of the approx. 4150 BN6s produced, I'd like to see how many are accounted for; how many exist between #501 & #942, and how many of the latest ones are around.

Rant over /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif