• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

How to bend a 100S! [Goodwood revival]

john_j

Jedi Trainee
I notice that there's another thread with a 100S at Goodwood, I went for the practice days and Jeremy Welch flipped and spun RWD 132 at the chicane and put it into the tyre wall.

He was unhurt fortunately but the car didn't appear to have a straight panel left.

Here are the before photos (not by me)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/richebetspics/3904245022/in/set-72157622320247546/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/richebetspics/3903966251/in/set-72157622320247546/

and the after

https://www.flickr.com/photos/richebetspics/3904771714/in/set-72157622320247546/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/richebetspics/3903993337/in/set-72157622320247546/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/richebetspics/3904782278/in/set-72157622320247546/

John

Country flag
Ouch!

Well, they're in the business of fixing and racing Healey's, so all in a day's work, I guess...

OP
john_j

john_j

Jedi Trainee
Randy Forbes said:
Ouch!

Well, they're in the business of fixing and racing Healey's, so all in a day's work, I guess...

True, but I suspect it's a bit more than a 'days' work!

B

BUNDYRUM

That's interesting, in the e-mail I received from DWR they didn't mention anything about the 100/S it was all about DD300 coming 2nd and what a great job they did. Looks like another great job coming up I'd say. Does the insurance company get to hear about this one?.

regards,

bundyrum.

OP
john_j

john_j

Jedi Trainee
BUNDYRUM said:
That's interesting, in the e-mail I received from DWR they didn't mention anything about the 100/S it was all about DD300 coming 2nd and what a great job they did. Looks like another great job coming up I'd say. Does the insurance company get to hear about this one?.

regards,

bundyrum.

This crash occurred at one of the practice days, 10 days before the event, so that'll be why it wasn't mentioned.

John

MadRiver

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
First, I am glad that nobody was hurt.

Second, this is why I have mixed feelings about racing historically significant vehicles. I certainly wouldn't begrudge someone doing as they please with their own property, but there just aren't too many of those beasts. Glad to see them used as they were meant to be used, but I cringe at what can happen to something so precious (and I don't mean from a monetary standpoint). Just a thought!

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Always amazes me how pranged race cars get rebuilt good as new and returned to the fight. This pic from this year's Goodwood revival:

2gv8mck.jpg

Race report here: https://www.sportscardigest.com/goodwood-...=K0DO4.RNous.C0

DerekJ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
That is not the first 100S that Jeremy has rolled and badly damaged! he did one at Goodwood several years ago.

These guys are serious racers. At the Silverstone Classic the recently restored 00N 440, 100S,, on it's debut, crashed into the back of a 100 being driven by a chap from just down the road from where I live. 00N 440 came off worse and spun into a gravel trap.

Next weekend is the John Gott Memorial Race for Healeys at Castle Coombe. Should be a great race with Healeys from Europe racing against the fastest the UK has to offer. There were over 30 cars on the grid the last time the race was run.

D

Deleted member 8987

Little bondo and a can of spray paint and you'll never know.
Looking at the wheels all pointing in the correct direction (or close enough), had it been Earnhardt, he'd have climbed out of the ambulance, jumped back in, and finished the race, right?
Dave

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
No Healeys crashed at Goodwood this year. Only a on-of-one Maserati......
https://youtu.be/tPCkbIVR7vg Unlike Nascar, in vintage racing when you wreck, your race is over...