• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Horsepower! been looking at stuff I shouldn't

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
I never saw the larger bore 1380cc motor in a mini, even ones on the lot. I figure the block would look the same as all the other austin or mini engines, only with overhead cam so I just started searching on the net and found this.
KAD1011001.jpg
Its from this site here called seven enterprises. Don't you know that is one hot mini with 120hp and the head will bolt up to any 1275 and only costs 17,500 bucks /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif seven enterprises site

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Whoo Whoooo

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I have no words, none.

Speedy_Pete

Jedi Trainee
HOW MUCH??? Blimey, gonna have to start shipping them over if they are that expensive on your side of the pond! You can get a well sorted 1380 16v over here for around half that

OP
regularman

regularman

Yoda
Country flag
Speedy_Pete said:
HOW MUCH??? Blimey, gonna have to start shipping them over if they are that expensive on your side of the pond! You can get a well sorted 1380 16v over here for around half that
Yeah, but you guys got lots of mini owners that they could sell to. Supply and demand, I reckon. It would be worth the shipping if you could just buy the head and have it shipped. Says it fits any 1275 block.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
That's very cool. Wish I had a huge budget, that would scream in a Bugeye, and look cool to boot!

Branson

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
okay so im salivating. looks like the head is designed and manufactured by Kent Auto Developments Ltd. in the UK

https://www.kad-uk.com/engine.htm

anyone have any trips planned to the UK? I could use some Eibach prokit springs for my freelander while you are over there /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Country flag
I've seen pictures of one in a midget and it required a hood bulge. And... the person was removing it because it was very finicky. I'd try a 7-port crossflow head if I was wanting to do something exotic to a naturally aspirated A-series.

Glen_B

Jedi Trainee
So many fancy and expensive ways to get extra power out of an A-series motor. The cheapest effective answer is to fit a turbo. Find a waste-gated small turbo from an appropriate displacement modern engine and weld up a custom intake/exhaust manifold. Watch the conventionally aspirated engines (including sh**-hot 1380s) get small in the rearview.

The two crowflow heads were interesting, one had the valve orinintation, the other one didn't. Anyone else notice that. Twin cam heads have been out there for A-seires engine for awhile, several ompanies have made them over the years, you see example in Vizards book which are well over 20 years old, most of these efforts don't exceed because the heads are just oo expensive for any great number of people to buy them. The problem with cross flow heads are they make the car a bear to work on because you cover up the dizzy and and oil filter. I did a crosslfow head MGB engine for customer, kinda cool, pretty fast, had twin HS6s on it, more trouble than it was worth for a street car was my final opinion.

Country flag
But I like the 7 port. It uses the original valve train and headers. I'm thinking 4 little throttle bodies and EDIS, and you could have a hot little street car that would be reliable and you could still say ... "it's an A-series"

Otherwise, might as well do the Toyota 4AGE swap.