• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hi from Tasmania, Australia

AlFresco

Country flag
Basil's been hassling me to get on and get involved. So here is one of those "Hi to all and this is my car" threads.

3 years ago my best mate John and I bought a 62 Sprite Mk2A (1098cc, discs, ribbed box). This came about after my plan to restore a British car with my Dad was stopped short by him passing away after a short illness. We'd had a long history with cars from "Blighty" including Austin 1800s, Jags, Humbers and Triumphs.

John convinced me to do it anyway, partly in honour of Dad but also to make use of all the great imperial tools Dad had passed on - nothing but metric across the other cars!

So along came CW (named after Dad - Colin William) and after 3 yrs of restoration work we've almost arrived at a logical point to say "job done". Forums like this have greatly assisted when my knowledge and manuals fall short - an invaluable aid, so thanks. I encourage all to contribute even if it seems like a dumb question or weird request - it helps people like us so much. The Sprite was a great choice as a 1st resto - simple mechanicals and electrics and such fun to drive. What next?

AllansSprite1.jpgTally Ho!

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
Welcome to the forum and what a beautiful LBC you have! I, like you, couldn't make it happen without this forum.
Congrats, Rut

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
Welcome and a beautiful Sprite!

What next? Enjoy driving the car. Then find another project and start again! I'm not quite ready to be a multi-LBC owner, yet...but they are like a famous potato chip ad: You can't have just one.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Now that's a car to be proud of! Great job on the restoration! I love those racing windscreens, look super! Good luck with the car and thanks for showing it to us! PJ

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Well done! Hop you have many great miles with that little car.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Give yourself a "first." That's a mighty fine looking Sprite.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Wow, Tasmania! Always wanted to visit... and the closest I got was Melbourne (or maybe Phillip Island).

OP
A

AlFresco

Country flag
Awesome looking car and welcome! But, you look familier. :grin:

https://www.rotaryaction.com/images/madmax2a.jpg

Classic! :highly_amused: Have you heard of Biggles?!

Thanks all for nice comments re our Sprite. You can be sure I'll be tracking down images of yours and others' Spridgets when I'm not trawling for tips/guidance.
Btw checking out another Sprite this weekend... On the money Saxman!

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Welcome and very nice Spridget!

I also have a red Spridget with those hubcaps ~HERE~

They're actually a bit hard to find these days.

Your leather cap, goggles and the aero-screens is a nice touch! :encouragement:

It's about 35 degreees F here (2 degrees C), so I'll be keeping my lid on for another while. :friendly_wink:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Classic! :highly_amused: Have you heard of Biggles?!

I had not - googled it and, Oh My you have been busy Mr. Bigglesworth. I am surprised you had to to restore the car. ;)

OP
A

AlFresco

Country flag
Welcome and very nice Spridget!

I also have a red Spridget with those hubcaps ~HERE~

They're actually a bit hard to find these days.

Your leather cap, goggles and the aero-screens is a nice touch! :encouragement:

It's about 35 degreees F here (2 degrees C), so I'll be keeping my lid on for another while. :friendly_wink:

Yes, you guys have been copping some extreme weather. Spring? - bring it on eh?! Autumn here in Tas. so won't be long and we'll be feeling it too - we are at the bottom of the world after all!
Nice 'family' snaps mate - a garage to be proud of! :encouragement: I see we share the modern classic Miata/MX5 :cool:
Btw we've swapped the 'flying A Austin hubcaps for 'AH' ones, though looking for ones in better nick. Pretty sure someone is selling new ones