• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Here we go again - Surrey on ebay

RomanH

Jedi Knight
Yeh, I found it hard to believe that a surrey top was worth 4 grand. It looks like the seller got stiffed on that one. OUCH!
/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

ALLAN

Jedi Warrior
The buyer of the last one left positive feedback and said he like the item and seller gave positive feedback---maybe they are working a scam together??

YankeeTR

Luke Skywalker
I just lost an ebay auction on some early TR2 literature...pretty impressive collection of early ads, etc.

I don't feel too bad now after I looked up WHO I was bidding against...this was the guy who paid over $3000.00 for a pair of original Brooklands racing screens,....I guess I never would have won THAT auction!

roofman

Jedi Knight
Is it just me, or are those the same pix as before? He couldn't possibly have 2 the same could he?

tr6_easyrider

Jedi Hopeful
Checked the completed listings on e-bay for the other top he sold (item no.250101972681), and it has a different serial number, but he did use some of the same pictures.
It appears he does have two top!

RomanH

Jedi Knight
It appears that the seller had 2 of these. I just copied this addition from his auction.
"I have had a few e-mails, inquiring if this is the same set that I had for sale a couple of weeks ago, no this is not the same set. That one was sold and is gone. This set does not have the hardtop but is in the same condition as the other one."
So what do I know. File this under its worth whatever someone is willing to pay. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif

roofman

Jedi Knight
$3001.00 with 5 hours to go, WOW. Wish I had a hoard of these.

ALLAN

Jedi Warrior
I emailed seller, he said there are around 7 or 8 tops and that they are in a warehouse and he hasnt found all the pieces yet???????????????????????

Got_All_4

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Allen. Are you the guy I emailed years ago about tops on ebay that Hector was selling and wanted to know how they fit and the quality? This sounds all to familiar. Tops in a warehouse. Privet auctions. One being sold after another. Only 2 feedbacks. I'd run away way form these auctions and fast. Larry

ALLAN

Jedi Warrior
I might be, I was one of the few who recieved a top from Hector after paying for it, I was in contact with a guy named Floyd who got scamed and PeterK who is posted above, he was the first to recieve one. Im not sure if they are the same tops but there is speculation that they are---maybe a relation to Hector, he had a son who lived in NJ. With alot of phone calls and turmoil my top took two months to get. others didnt get theirs and then hector disappeared to Mexico. Hector always had about 20 different excuses. Hectors tops were sold on ebay by a (some kind of Priest) fiend of his who lived in Washington state--who now lives in Oregon. Theese tops have been discused on a previous post about two weeks ago.