• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hello from a Newbie!

Tintinmilou

I just discovered this forum, thanks from a link for the MG newsgroup. I look forward to lots of help, commiseration, crying, laughing....
Plus I want to test out my signature (I hope two pictures isn't too much).
About me: I was born an MG owner, and have owned them ever since. My dad bought a '49 MG TC a couple of years before he got me (He still has the TC). He bought the MGB-GT new in '66, and passed it on to me in '71. It's been my daily driver ever since. In '90 I found my '57 MGA sitting the garage of the "Little old lady from Pasadena" (OK, Altadena, but it's close!). She was the first owner, and it hadn't moved in 19 years. The salesman's card was still in the map pocket.
Right now, I'm in the very slow process of rebuilding Tintin's engine. I'm finally to the stage of putting things back together.
Anyone know of a GREAT MG transmission rebuilder?

mowog

Jedi Hopeful
Welcome to the forum great pictures I know of a couple of great transmission builders but I am in Indy wait a while someone will have someone closer to you

troll.gif

Gary Lloyd

Jedi Knight
Welcome aboard!!! The transmissions are pretty basic, unless it is an overdrive unit!! I would think that any good transmission shop would be able to do it!! Good Luck!!

Bret

Yoda
Hi Philippe,

Welcome aboard – Glad to have you. Great Pics by the way be sure to post them in the Member’s Rides MG section. The Austin Healey folks out number our pics – 118 to 76.

Good to see the LEFT coast contingent BCF growing.

cheers.gif

Bret

Dale

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Welcome to "the" forum! Do you still have that salesmans card, and do you suppose he has any old stock he's wanting to dump?
jester.gif

G

Dale unless the GT has overdrive good used trannys are dirt cheap, around $100. If it has OD, ignore this post
cheers.gif

bryan h

Welcome aboard, great place with great people! Beautiful autos you have. Know anyone in your town with the last name of Bushong?

Bruce74B

Jedi Knight
Welcome to the forum! You name your cars??? that is sick....but wait until my Dolly(from a heart shaped pendant I found when it took out her console) Clementine (little orange thing) hears about the new California girls...she'll be thrilled! LOL

Nice pics too...I've got to get some of Dolly Clementine when we get some decent weather here!

Bruce

StevenA

Jedi Trainee
Great pics...I am from Santa Monica/Pasadena/West Covina...now transplanted in Dallas TX ( What happened ??????). Any way, I had used a guy in West Covina a couple of times and he was super. Don't remember the name (Ive slept since then...10 years) but have friends and relatives there and will get back to you. There was a manual transmission shop that my wife knew (she worked for the Mazda dealer on Culver Blvd) I think it was American Transmissions , but they worked on anything foreign too. I will get some names and locations for you.
savewave.gif
Welcome to the forum

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P