• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Healey pictures...

Country flag
Just to let everyone know, my online photo gallery will be offline for at least the next couple of weeks. The server was unplugged today from the Detroit area host location, and will be traveling with us during our move to Florida next week.

I'll be getting it back online as soon as we get a service connection, and I've already lined up an IT guy to take care of the stuff that's over my head.

If somebody needs something specific, I would try to accomodate you, but please keep in mind that our internet connection is going to be spotty during the next week or so.

BigGreen

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
Thanks for the information.
Your photo gallery is a great source
It's been helpfull to me in many situations

Succes with the move

Hans

OP
Randy Forbes
Country flag
LOL! Thanks all!

We were just going to unceremoniously leave the snow shovel hanging in the garage for the new owners.

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Hey Randy,
Did y'all get any of that freak snow storm that hit the northeast yesterday ? Just shows you it's time to move south. Remember Randy, the difference between a darn yankee and a yankee is the former stays down south and the latter is just visiting !
Mike Lewis

PS- meant to add, you can move past a "darn yankee" by becoming a "born again southerner" which is how I got to stay 30+ years ago !

OP
Randy Forbes
Country flag
I heard that! After an eleven (>11) year hiatus in OHio, it'll be good to get back down south. Prior to living in Toled, I lived twenty (20) years in Southern Louisiana (New Orleans, Lafayette & Breaux Bridge). San Francisco before that (where I bought my Healey, in 1978) and Detroit was my starting point.

This time next week, I'll be sitting by the pool, most likely with a Margarita!

It'll be a shame to mess up those pavers (nearly 5000 sqft) running a weepy Healey over them...

581336_417666934912485_215020438510470_1679945_1205425103_n.jpg

Sod's supposed to go in tomorrow, with final inspection and CO Tuesday/Wednesday. We'll be there sometime Friday!

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Beautiful home and Healey oil really seals brick pavers well !!!! Have fun with the move - yeah right- and can not even imagine moving all your car stuff for the Bimmers and Healey's. Have a safe trip down.
Regards,
Mike

Country flag
Hi Randy - You're making the move that we've been dreaming about for years! Good luck!!!!

Larry

Patrick67BJ8

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
Randy Forbes said:
I heard that! After an eleven (>11) year hiatus in OHio, it'll be good to get back down south. Prior to living in Toled, I lived twenty (20) years in Southern Louisiana (New Orleans, Lafayette & Breaux Bridge). San Francisco before that (where I bought my Healey, in 1978) and Detroit was my starting point.

This time next week, I'll be sitting by the pool, most likely with a Margarita!

It'll be a shame to mess up those pavers (nearly 5000 sqft) running a weepy Healey over them...

581336_417666934912485_215020438510470_1679945_1205425103_n.jpg

Sod's supposed to go in tomorrow, with final inspection and CO Tuesday/Wednesday. We'll be there sometime Friday!
Looks like a "Gator" lake in the back yard??

hama61

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Hi Randy,

Nice and beautiful home. Good luck with the move

I see a nice photo opportunity with your Healey on the driveway.

like Larry wrote " You're making the move that we've been dreaming about for years!"

In the Netherlands we can dream for decades to have something similair built.

Harry

OP
Randy Forbes
Country flag
Larry & Harry: apparently, it does take years to accomplish. When I moved up here, it was supposed to be for about six (6) months and we'd move to Sarasota. Sue's partner didn't buy her out like we'd <span style="font-style: italic">planned</span> and after building her business back up, it took three (3) attempts to get it sold (we thought it was a done deal about 2 years ago, but the week before closing the buyer lost their corporate financing__that was hard to take).

Perseverance eventually pays off__so don't give up :wink:

We've seen aligators in several of the other ponds, but haven't spotted here yet. There's plenty of interesting wildlife walking/flying around here.

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Hey Randy,
If it's Sarasota, you can probably bet there's a gator in there or will be soon now that the construction is complete !!! Our philosophy down here in coastal South Carolina is "you don't bother them and they won't bother you".
Regards,
Mike

Jim_Newman

Jedi Hopeful
Randy
Welcome to Floridahhh.
We, and the Healey, have the good fortune to spend the winters in Fort Myers (summers in Alberta) - just down the road from Sarasota. You're gonna love it here.
Congratulations

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Enjoy. Best friend in North Fort Myers. Used to live in Sarasota and finally built in Bradenton and then here in New Mexico. Not moving ever again. Settle in and just enjoy the pace. Slower during season but just an adjustment for about four months of the year.

bob hughes

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Randy

Don't recomend using gator hide for the upholstery, could be a little hard on the rear amongst other places :crazy:

Nice looking pad, I think that it would be best to paint a nice wide black stripe from the garage to the road, it will hide all the spots etc. Best get it over and done with in one foul swoop! :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Bob