• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Guess you all wonder why I post so much on progres

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
It is how I think my project through. Oh yea I ask questions as well and get good answers and even pics.

Anyway, next is finishing the front of the fuel line now that Frank has told me where it goes.

Then time for the emer brake handle and linkage back to the rear. That will close out the rear but for brakes and bearings when I order them.

There is also the light cans that I could install on the Bonnet if time is available. Sure wish the property tax bill would come so I could see what I can order, darn taxes are supose to go up quite a bit this year. We will see.

Following that is to fit the doors I think, once fited I will remove and store them till interior is installed. Much easer to work without them in the road.

Think that will close out this week, next week will be an off week as I will be in Atlanta at my Daughters, understand I have a room to paint. I am also going to go to Atlanta Imported Auto Parts and look around. It is a place that parts out British cars and they seemingly have tons of used parts. Even more than Tony, hehe.

Anyway, good of you guys to put up with my ramblings, I know I go on and on sometimes. But, this is exciting stuff.

fordtrucks4ever

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Reading your posts and especially pics, for the first time yesterday casued that little sparkle in my eye and got me thinking....How fun it would be to get the bugeye together and drive it. It was purchased back longer than I am willing to admit and waiting til the right time to build it into a nice gem. But now I am getting in too deep and doing more of a restomod and adding some refinements. BTW, where in Tx did you find your project????? Anyway your progress is inspiration for all of those projects are just starting or need that little push to get back moving. Please dont slow down any postings. And be sure to take some shots of anything interesting at that parts yard.

Baz

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, good of you guys to put up with my ramblings, I know I go on and on sometimes. But, this is exciting stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't live without it Jack. Just wouldn't be the same.
Are you going to forget us when she back together and you've ridden off into the sunset?

fmichaels

Jedi Knight
barry, you read my mind. i am so jealous of jack's progress that i'm glad he's off to Atlanta so I have some time to catch up. just sent my fenders and hood off for the normal rust repairs and then some fitting work next week.

Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Guess you all wonder why I post so much on progress...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's to make us slow-pokes jealous... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

so maybe I will go out and play in the garage a little this evening.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif

fmichaels

Jedi Knight
it's like the first one to finish the math test in school. everyone else becomes anxious.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
[ QUOTE ]
Sure wish the property tax bill would come so I could see what I can order, darn taxes are supose to go up quite a bit this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aw, Jack, you're rich!

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
We're sure glad you're posting, Jack. Nice to see someone making progress. Keeps me motivated to maybe make a bit of my own.

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Yea I know, I am rich. Rich in family, friends here on the board. In so many ways I am a wealthy man. Even Miss Agatha thinks I am rich.

Hmmm, if I am so rich what the heck was I doing under that little car this morning. Must be rich, keep telling myself that.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
[ QUOTE ]
I am also going to go to Atlanta Imported Auto Parts and look around. It is a place that parts out British cars and they seemingly have tons of used parts. Even more than Tony, hehe.

[/ QUOTE ]

He does, Jack....but, then, I evaluate all my cars to see if they could be saved by someone before I disassemble them for parts! & if they're restorable, I offer them at a price where a guy could build them...I don't automatically take the torch to every car I buy!

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Keep in mind Tony that everyone that is parted is one less and the price goes up.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
[ QUOTE ]
every one that is parted is one less and the price goes up.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but I'm not interested in the prices of my cars going up - I am concerned that 50 years from now they'll actually be rare because people aren't discerning in what they whack up.

Take the little chrome bumper MG out front of my garage....rightfully, its on the cusp of parts car status (hehehe - 'cusp of parts car status' - hehehe)....but, I've got a set of floorboards for it & with some judicious parts searching & work, it'll make a fine car for a guy who wants to restore just 1....so, I'm collecting up some parts, gonna instal new floors, & offer it for sale in the Spring...other places would just whack it!

GB1

Yoda
Country flag
Tony you are an LBC recycler, it also sounds like you have another project for Jack.

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I saw it, it is a slab side one. Not my taste really at this point.

Country flag
Re: Guess you all wonder why I post so much on pro

"slab side"?

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Re: Guess you all wonder why I post so much on pro

Not nice and curvy like a Bugeye, sexy in fact. Heh.

Tony has in fact two setting side by side, both for sale one not too bad, needs interior etc etc, would make a great daily driver from what I saw, the other has a lot of rust and maybe a bit of crash damage in the past.

You know, I'm not so sure Bs have as much room in them as a Bugeye, the roll up windows take a lot of elbo space. They are a lot newer though and a lot faster and better on the highway for sure.
We will see though, one at a time.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
to go to Atlanta Imported Auto Parts and look around. It is a place that parts out British cars and they seemingly have tons of used parts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know if you or your wife is interested, but the Farmers Market is just down the road from the parts store. (3000 E. Ponce De Leon) It is the most amazing food store I have ever seen. 140,000 square feet. It is amazing!

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Farmer's Market is a full day trip...& go hungry!