• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Guess what I just bought

LastDeadLast

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Hey everyone..

Well I found this little gem about 4 houses down from my parents house... 66 Mustang convert: 75,000k actual miles, straight six, auto and all there... it needs floor pans, new carpet and front seat covers, but for $5900, she was a steal.

Don't worry, I'm not selling the Triumph.. I'm basically going to store the Mustang for a while until I have the room to put her back together right. Having 5 of them in the past, I couldn't just let her get away.

What do you think?

66%20Mustang-Driver%20Side~0.jpg

66%20Mustang-Driver%20Interior.jpg

66%20Mustang-Front.jpg

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
I dated a girl in high who had a red 66 convertible.

Memories...........sweet memories.

OP
LastDeadLast

LastDeadLast

Jedi Knight
Country flag
It's interesting comparing this old Mustang to the Triumph... 4 wheel/no assist drum brakes are... horrid to say the least.. and the steering.. yeah it's got power steering: all the the power you got in your arms to turn the darned wheel!! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Even though it's a small car itself, it feels like a barge compared to the little Triumph... But it'll be different by the time I'm done with it /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Lee Iaococa was a genius. He got more out a Ford Falcon (the Mustang saved Fords slumping sales to GM) and Chrysler K Car (got them out of bankruptcy) than any human possibly could.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Nice score, Shannon!

Will ya take $5901 for it? /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Brosky said:
Lee Iaococa was a genius. He got more out a Ford Falcon (the Mustang saved Fords slumping sales to GM) and Chrysler K Car (got them out of bankruptcy) than any human possibly could.

So true, Paul! Marketing is EVERYTHING! Too bad the "Big 3" didn't put a bit of that effort/expense into modernising their products UNDER the skin.

Gwilhelm

Nice... Looks to be a good find. I'm jealous... a little...

14dna

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/winner1.gif
Hooray for your side.

Good score, had a 65 'Stang in 66 (red conv) wish I'd never sold it.
That car did everything I asked, (289 4bbl red, white interior) and attracted more girls than Elvis (well almost)

If you decide to sell that baby, CALL ME!!!!!

/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cheers.gif

Dave

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]If you decide to sell that baby, CALL ME!!!!! [/QUOTE]

Then have it shipped to Bayamon and you, Dale and the girls can cruise the island while you're on vacation. Now that Dale's about done with Amos, he can restore this one for you in the non vacation months.

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]I'm jealous... a little... [/QUOTE]

And I'm jealous, a lot!

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
For $5900 I'd have been all over that one!! Good score. I love the first gen stangs.

14dna

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Paul;
I'd never leave Puerto Rico if I had one of those down there for the girls. They wouldn't dream of going home to snow then.
Wouldn't that be a hardship

Dave

OP
LastDeadLast

LastDeadLast

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Thanks guys for all the nice compliments. I think it's going to turn out to be a really nice ride...

Now I just have to figure out what to do with it... unless I kick the Triumph out of the garage, something that won't happen, I don't have a place for it at the house... I've got a friend with a warehouse back home in VA where I bought the car (3 hours from my home in Greensboro), so I'll be driving it there this weekend for an indefinite storage.

Meanwhile, I suppose this is good enough reason as any to start saving up to build a shop out back. I'd say it'll be at least two years before I'm able to really mess with it.

We'll see.

gjh2007

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
My mom bought a brand new 65 with 289 & 3 speed, unfortuneatly it was a coupe, but still cool. I learned to drive on it & took my road test in 72 with it. They offered it to me in 73 with 60,000 miles for like $250, but it wasn't cool enough at the time & I opted for a '68 327 Chevelle.

We finally sold it as original, except for a replaced door panel from a fender bender in '85 for $3200 with 105k on it!

I kinda wish I had it now. Gues I'm glad we didn't sell a convertible!

Good luck with it, shold be fun!

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
In 1980 I bought a 1966 Mustang with a six cyd. for 200$ (POS)kinda rotted needed alot of time and $ I didnt have at the time.

Poor thing couldn't get out of it's own way. so I ended up selling it to buy my GT6...

Kinda wish I still had the Stang...

billspit

Jedi Knight
Country flag
It should have had a 1 or 2 in front of the 5.

My wife bougt a one owner 66 hardtop years ago for 1,100. Four speed and four barrel. Terrible brakes though and gas guzzling.