• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Frustrating day.....

.....but I'm OK with it.

My buddy, Drew Hastings came down to visit this weekend. I've not seen him for a couple of years...

So, after catching up (and driving to Danville for a great lunch at the MoonGlo), we started working on the 1968 MGC.

First order of business was to bleed the brakes. Went OK....until Drew stepped down on the pedal to check how it felt...and thought I still had the bleeder open. I didn't. The left rear wheel cylinder had bought the bullet, and brake fluid was streaming out of it and onto the floor.

Swing and a miss, Strike One.

Then, I began to raise the car on the lift so that I could access the fuel pump a little easier to reconnect it. All of the smoke from the lift pump electrics escaped.

Swing and a miss, Strike Two.

So, we cleaned up and drove into town to meet my wife for supper after she got off of work. Thankfully, I took the F-150 and not the '69 MGC or the 300ZX, as an 18 year-old "fell asleep" at the wheel, crossed lanes (he was on the outside, I was on the inside, both heading the same direction) and gave my truck a glancing blow off of the rear bumper (enough to move me almost out of my lane into oncoming traffic....I was running 45mph at the time). No significant damage to the truck that I could see; I took all of his information and told him I would look closer at the truck on Sunday.

Should have been an advance to first by a hit pitch...but it's really...Strike Three.

We had a decent supper at the House of the Orange Awning, followed by a couple of Bass while watching young studs knock the crappe out of each other on a Pay-Per-View fight held in a ring surrounded by chain link fence. The restaurant was packed with 20-somethings who apparently really enjoy this type of entertainment.

But I digress...

I got to spend the day with a good friend; talked MGs; worked on MGs; and ate well (where's my Lipitor?!)

All in all...a really good day in spite of the outcomes.

19_again

Jedi Warrior
Rick, it would appear that while you misplaced your lipitor, you've got your prozac right handy!!
What a day, just goes to show what a friend, a wrench and an MG will do for your spirit. I think that you has a successful day, in spite of it all. Well done!

Mark Jones

Jedi Warrior
Boys, I hope so :smile: He's been talking about tackling them since spring. I think what I need to do is to get him out in my GT again for another drive to get him excited. Did he get a chance to drive one of your while he was visiting?