• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Fender Bead Car Set

big6

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Does anyone have any experience with the Victoria British Fender Bead Car Set that is on sale? Does the set include clips for mounting? I am looking for quality fit finish etcetera comments. What about the seat foam that is also on sale? I purchased during the last sale the wiper arms and was disappointed with the quality and fit.

OP
B

big6

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
This is by no means an attempt at vendor bashing because I have spent a few thousand dollars over the years with VB and have been mostly pleased with my purchases. I am merely interested if anyone else has purchased the fender bead set and your opinion.

Bob Claffie

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Hi. A couple years ago I put a set of VB fender beads on my AH100/6. Overall satisfied. They have the little "tails" hanging off the bottom of the beads that go between the fender and fender. The fronts were a piece of cake, with just a little effort to induce a curve in them. The rears were more difficult trying to get the correct shape without kinking the bead. A lot of gentle trial and error but the result was good. As I recall the box was about 2 feet by 4 feet so VB did their part to get them to me undamaged. Bob

Country flag
Put a set of VB fender beading on two BJ8's with very good results. Tape off your fenders before trying to install to keep from scratching the tape. Also pull the black protective tape off the new beading before you do the final pull on the beading. It's hard to get off once it is pulled down. I know.

Marv

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
big6 said:
Does anyone have any experience with the Victoria British Fender Bead Car Set that is on sale? Does the set include clips for mounting? I am looking for quality fit finish etcetera comments. What about the seat foam that is also on sale? I purchased during the last sale the wiper arms and was disappointed with the quality and fit.

Fender Beading probably all comes out of the same bin consequently it is not vendor sensitive. However for all your other items suggest youtry British Car Specialties or Healey Surgeons.-Fwiw--Keoke

bob hughes

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Marvin Gruber said:
Tape off your fenders before trying to install to keep from scratching the <span style="color: #FF9900">tape</span> PAINT . Also pull the black protective tape off the new beading before you do the final pull on the beading. It's hard to get off once it is pulled down.

Jeez Marv, wish i had read this before installing mine, paint is scratched and one bead still has the tape on - Ouch !

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
Bob, if the scratches aren't too deep you'll be able to rub them out either with fine hand polish or a buffer. Try the hand polish first.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
well that is one way to protect the paint on the fender. However, i would like to point out that the little tabs on the fender bead can be taped and allows safe installation of the beads without scratching the fender's paint.-Fwiw--Keoke

Country flag
Hey Keoke - doesn't Healey Surgeons source most of their stuff from Moss and VB?

Johnny

Darth Vader
Country flag
big6 said:
Here's a tip others haven't mentioned. If the large box comes damaged, even a little, send it back especially if any of the beads are bent. Mine came from Moss some years ago and was slightly bent on one end. Consequently all the beads were somewhat bent at one point. Not wanting to mess with shipping back, filing a claim etc. I figured I could straighten them out WRONG! Don't even try, you can't do it, they're ruined. I now am living with four fender beads with a slight kink in each of them. You'd think it wouldn't be too noticeable, wrong again. I notice them everytime I take the car out.

This wasn't the fault of the vendor it was the shipper.

BTW has anyone else noticed how the cost of seat foams have gone up???

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Hey Big6,
I purchased a set from AH Spares in England and was extremely pleased with
their product. Cost was certainly less than Moss and even with the
exchange rate up a bit since I bought them, worth looking into. Only
issue you might have is shipping as I included them in with a bunch of
other parts and the box was large enough that they could pack them right.
Good luck,
Mike